Automotive Commodity Buyer
About The Position
REE is changing electric mobility and aims at becoming the standard for EVs. We work with leading automotive players worldwide and technology companies to develop, engineer and manufacture a cutting edge solution for tomorrow’s vehicles.
We are seeking a driven and detail-oriented strategic Automotive Commodity Buyer to be responsible for developing and implementing activities that support and are aligned with corporate strategic purchasing initiatives.
Reporting to the Purchasing Department Manager, the Automotive Commodity Buyer should be analytically minded and possess excellent negotiating skills.
- Source, select and purchase quality products and materials
- Build relationships with suppliers and negotiate with them for the best price
- Manage requisitions and update management on the status of orders
- Analyse market trends and apply this knowledge to make insightful buying decisions
- Provide supplier qualifications, material issue resolution, drive supplier corrective actions, BOM validation, supplier audits, and maintaining REE’s approved vendor list
- Monitor and review supplier performance
- Degree in a relevant field
- Demonstrable relevant experience is needed with Automotive purchasing, cost value analysis and cost calculation
- Automotive industry exposure
- Excellent knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Proven negotiation skills, problem-solving skills, and project management experience
- Excellent systems aptitude
- Ability to digest technical documents including contracts, product drawings, and product specification
- Excellent communication skills
- Clean Driving Licence
- UK citizenship or equivalent without restrictions