Mechanical Engineer - Underbody Structure
About The Position
REE is changing the electric mobility and aims at becoming the standard for EVs.
We work with leading automotive players worldwide and technology companies to ensure the development, engineering and manufacturing.
We are looking for an experienced Mechanical Engineer - Underbody Structure to support REE’s rapid growth.
· Responsible for the delivery of REE corner subframe systems to meet program-specific targets including functional performance, quality, cost and timing.
· Design and release of sub-frame from initial concept through to Engineering Sign-Off and supporting program management gateways
· Develop System Design Specifications incorporating engineering standards, test procedures and material specifications.
· Ensure that all products meet the specification requirements and project targets through a documented DVP
· Facilitate Failure Mode Avoidance activities including DFMEA, quality history reviews development tests.
· Identify opportunities to reduce complexity, cost and weight.
· Support Purchasing team in Sourcing and RFQ activities
· Support vehicle launch and pre-production builds (both virtual and physical)
· Ensuring the effective application of APQP to manage system/ component delivery.
· Degree in Mechanical Engineering with minimum 5 years experiences in product development
· Have proven experience of developing and delivery of sub-frame designs from concept to production within an OEM or tier 1 organization.
· Proficient with CATIA V6 software including part design, assembly design, and drafting
· Knowledge of GD&T per ASME Y14.5
· Managing workload in a fast-paced environment with potential for changing priorities.
· Working experience of Microsoft Office products including SharePoint, Excel and Word
· Excellent communications skills, demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels
· Be a team player with the ability to work alongside talented colleagues as part of a driven and dedicated team