About The Position
REE is changing electric mobility and aims at becoming the standard for EVs. REE’s disruptive corner technology enables a completely flat and modular chassis that supports all mission-specific EVs from class 1 to class 6. REE’s EV platforms provide maximum room for passengers, cargo and batteries with the smallest footprint.
REE is supported by an exclusive network of Tier 1 automotive partners providing access to 320 global production lines, effectively making REE the next generation EV platform ready to carry the future of e-mobility.
REE is seeking a Cost engineer to support REE’s rapid growth.
You will be responsible for REE product commodity cost tracking, supporting the engineering team in providing robust cost estimations and analysis and identifying opportunities to reduce costs and use this to influence commodity directions. This also includes Establishing a Cost management framework that suits REE’s ethos.
· Defining efficient, agile processes for cost tracking and monitoring
· Build ground up cost estimates for new projects currently being developed
· Identifying ‘should cost’ analysis for all commodities
· Conduct reviews with Engineering to calculate future product costs and understand the associated risks and opportunities which could impact a product as it progresses through the development cycle
· Work closely with (challenge) Engineering, Operations, Procurement and Finance to agree achievable, but stretching target costs.
· Work with Engineering and Procurement to develop new cost calculation tools
· Identifying and supporting the implementation of opportunities to reduce costs
· Applying business and financial acumen to influence relevant programmes and commodity strategies
Align and provide direction to the various stakeholders involved but also accepting and
· Minimum of 5 years' experience of working in a complex engineering environment
· Experience of bottom up costs, cost estimation and Value for Money studies
· Strong communication skills and the ability to build relationships and influence at all levels
· Managing workload in a fast-paced environment with potential for changing priorities.
· Working experience of Microsoft Office products including SharePoint, Excel and Word
· Extra desirable requirements
· Knowledge of complete Product Lifecycle Management process
· Knowledge of 3DExperience PLM system or similar
· Knowledge of EV BOM (generic)
Combination home office / remote working and REE Corporate UK Office: CV10 0TU (within the Mira facility)