Driveline Mechatronics Senior Engineer
About The Position
REE is changing the electric mobility and aims at becoming the standard for EVs.
We work with leading automotive players worldwide and technology companies to ensure the development, engineering and manufacturing.
WE at REE currently have an exciting new position in our EV Engineering team. We are seeking and an experienced Driveline Mechatronics Senior Engineer to support REE’s rapid growth. This role will directly report to the Electric Vehicle Driveline Principal Engineer.
- Responsible for the design, development and testing of Inverter and Electric Motor within Driveline for REE-Corner units
- Create Driveline Mechatronics DFMEAs and support systems level.
- Establish Technical Requirements for RFQ and Specifications for Design Freeze.
- Develop Test Cases to meet Specifications and Create Design Validation Plan.
- Lead the virtual and physical verification, validation and testing.
- Conduct supplier reviews ensuring the correct design requirements have been met for Technical Sign-Off.
- Collaborate closely with other disciplines, such as outside suppliers, functional safety consultants and control & calibration engineers, to develop solutions and achieve the project requirements.
- Support Quality Assurance activities (such as: APQP & PPAP).
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Degree qualified in Mechatronics, Electronics and or Electrical Engineering or relevant qualification.
- Proficient and experienced within the automotive industry.
- Experienced in microcontroller-based Inverter projects (especially automotive)
- Knowledge of mechanism and technology for different types of modern traction motors
- Ability to review schematics, PCB layouts, technical data sheets and design calculation.
- Experienced in environmental, packaging, interfaces, design for manufacture factors and electronic circuits.
- Experienced with the automotive functional safety standard: ISO26262.
- Experienced in EMC testing and troubleshooting for the deviation.
- Understanding of high volume, high reliability of manufacture and assembly processes.
- Experience with analysis tools such as MathWorks’s, Matlab, Simulink, State-flow or Labview.
Please note that we do not provide/offer Sponsorships.