About The Position
REE is changing the electric mobility and aims at becoming the standard for EVs. REE’s disruptive corner technology enables a completely flat and modular chassis that supports all mission-specific EVs from class 1 to class 6. REE’s EV platforms provide maximum room for passengers, cargo and batteries with the smallest footprint.
REE is supported by an exclusive network of Tier 1 automotive partners providing access to 320 global production lines, effectively making REE the next generation EV platform ready to carry the future of e-mobility.
REE is seeking a Simulation Engineer to support REE’s rapid growth.
- Support the development of innovative chassis system including Brakes and steering
- Design system level test cases- based on system requirements, field issues, failure mode analysis and functional safety and perform simulation tests to verify and validate SW component/system against SW requirement
- Implement and mature the proposed solutions on rapid prototyping Hardware (HIL, Mule vehicles) to confirm functionality and performance, integrating and adapting series SW as needed
- Follow industry standards for building safe efficient, well documented tests procedures & results
- Interface with algorithm engineers to assess the risk of the proposed concepts and develop plans to manage it through virtual and physical test activities
- Provide professional technical documentation and regularly report the project status to throughout the development process
- Perform root cause analysis of issues detected released SW or under development
- Travel to providing grounds to domestically and abroad to provide vehicle trouble shouting and calibration as required
- Bachlor’s in Mechanical /electrical engineering or equivalent
- 3+ years industry experience in model based (Matlab/Simulink) simulation and control
- 3+ years of experience in vehicle simulation using ADAMS tool
- Understanding of automotive development processes and v model
- A strong understanding of the engineering first principle in control systems and vehicle dynamics
- Experience with model based physical modelling (e.g Simscape) or vehicle simulation (e.g. CarMaker, ADAMS, Carsim) tools
- Appreciation of the interaction between the HW/SW system design and the overall vehicle performance (vehicle dynamics, efficiency, reliability, durability)
Office Location: Combination home office / remote working and REE Corporate UK Office: CV10 0TU (within the Mira facility)