Principal Engineer - Thermal
About The Position
REE is changing the electric mobility and aims at becoming the standard for EVs.
We work with leading automotive players worldwide and technology companies to ensure the development, engineering and manufacturing.
REE is looking for a Principal Engineer, Thermal to support REE’s rapid growth.
· Take responsibility for all aspects of the thermal performance of REE's corners and central systems including batteries, motors and inverters
o Lead the development and optimization of the vehicle’s thermal architecture
o Develop and validate models of the vehicle's thermal systems
o Size and optimize thermal components to meet vehicle performance requirements
· Take responsibility for timely Production Tooling Release of all thermal system components
· Manage component validation by generating and executing test plans either in-house or with suppliers
· Work across the organization to execute technical and commercial requirements
· Mentor and support all team members
· Work with the Supply Chain function to ensure successful outcomes from suppliers
· Work with manufacturing team to support best practice processes
· Work with Supply Quality Engineering team (SQE) and other quality teams to resolve any product quality issues
· Support customer application teams in adapting REE systems for passenger HVAC needs as appropriate
· BS or Master's degree, plus minimum of 6 years of experience in Automotive (OEM or Tier 1 supplier)
· Significant experience with setup, testing, and validation of integrated thermal systems and components, particularly in electric vehicles
· Experience with multi-variate optimization methods
· Experience leading small-to-medium size teams