Senior Director of Business Development
About The Position
REE Automotive is changing the electric mobility and aims at becoming the standard for EVs. REE’s disruptive corner technology enables a completely flat and modular chassis that supports all mission-specific EVs from class 1 to class 6. REE’s EV platforms provide maximum room for passengers, cargo and batteries with the smallest footprint.
REE is supported by an exclusive network of Tier 1 automotive partners providing access to 320 global production lines, effectively making REE the next generation EV platform ready to carry the future of e-mobility.
REE is seeking a Senior Director of Business Development to support REE’s rapid growth and development activities in Europe.
· Create and execute business development strategies, develop and foster business opportunities with new customers while exceeding KPI’s in Europe
· Initiate business development activities within the automotive sector with fleet owners and operators
· Ensure closing of existing and new business activities with customers
· Develop and maintain an ongoing strong pipeline of new business opportunities that fit with the company’s core business
· Administer new business; communicating and following-through at each stage to ensure the company is aligned with customer needs, deadlines are met, and agreements are fully implemented
· Lead cross-functional teams through the process from initial RFQ through full implementation and first deliveries to the customer/partner
· Ability to effectively network and build additional customer relationships
· Prepare reporting for current and prospective business
· Drive major projects and programs on the European level
· Ensure compliance to internally and externally
· Deep understanding and knowledge of our customer base (last & mid-mile delivery, commercial vehicles, ride-hailing, autonomous shuttles, fleet operators and fleet owners, OEMs)
· Proven track record of growing new businesses in a start-up or fast-growing technology company
· Vast experience in drafting and negotiating agreements with automotive players
· Proactive and customer success driven
· Previous managerial role in the vehicle technology sector with at least 8 years’ experience
· Proven network of connections to seniors in the new mobility segment with a strong international business development track record
· Previous exposure within an international fast-paced and agile environment
· Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
· English language skills to mother tongue level with any additional European languages an asset
· Ability to track and manage multiple customer programs from inception to implementation
· Strong leadership, interpersonal & influencing skills and with high levels of empathy
· Possess the ability to foster working relationships and establish trust across organizational lines both internally and externally
· Highly organized with an ability to balance multiple projects and escalations in a dynamic environment
· Willing to travel to European and regional sites as required
location: Candidate dependent – Anywhere in Europe. Combination of Home Office and REE Corporate office. We have UK and German offices which can be used as needed but the incumbent will not need to be office based.