About The Position
REE is changing the electric mobility and aims at becoming the standard for EVs.
We work with leading automotive players worldwide and technology companies to ensure the development, engineering and manufacturing.
We are seeking a driven and detail-oriented Strategic Buyer to be responsible for developing and implementing activities that support and are in alignment with corporate strategic purchasing initiatives.
The Buyer should be Technically & analytically minded and possess excellent negotiating skills Reporting to the Purchasing department Manager.
· Sourcing, select, and purchase quality products and materials.
· Build relationships with suppliers and negotiate with them for the best price.
· Process requisitions and update management on the status of orders.
· Analyze market trends and apply this knowledge to make insightful buying decisions.
· Provide supplier qualifications, material issue resolution, driving supplier corrective actions, BOM validation, supplier audits, and maintain the approved vendor list.
· Monitor and review supplier performance.
· Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field.
· 5 + years of experience with purchasing, cost value analysis, cost calculation in the automotive industry
· Excellent knowledge in manufacturing processes
· Proven project management experience, negotiation and problem-solving skills, excellent systems aptitude
· Ability to read and understand technical documents including contracts, product drawings, and product specification