About The Position
REE is revolutionising e-Mobility from the ground-up. Our disruptive REE-corners and fully flat, ultra-modular EV platforms are set to become the standard for electric vehicles. Providing complete design freedom to build mission specific EVs, EVs ‘Powered by REE’ will provide maximum room for passengers, cargo and batteries with the smallest footprint and help reduce carbon emissions for a greener world.
Due to the dynamic concepts, we have opened a new office in the UK and are making additions to our teams with highly ambitious and skilled individuals.
We are currently looking for an experienced Automation Engineer to support REE’s rapid growth. This is a critical hands-on role developing an advanced digitally paired capable assembly and test facility module based to deliver tranches of 200,000 units per annum.
As part of the Manufacturing Engineering Team and working simultaneously with product development provide a qualified, capable, and robust assembly facility that can easily be deployed anywhere in the world with very short lead times.
- Reporting to the Process Engineering Manager
- Working closely with process and product engineering to define the concept & structure of a PLC controls system for the assembly lines, equipment, tooling, fixtures, workstations and test units
- Support the operator to follow Standard Work and Control Plan Execution and PFMEA.
- Ensure integration of the controls of the assembly equipment with quality control, testing, traceability, MES and ERP System.
- Liaising with internal & external customer requirements and transform those into reliable controls system including definition of Hardware and Software.
- Set-up and testing of solutions (working with our integrators) in smaller scale/prototype level to a guiding/supporting role to oversee the input of internal functions and external such as suppliers and contractors for the concept definition, development and implementation of large-scale automotive grade production lines.
- Principally you will work with necessary contractors in developing the PLC, MES, traceability and quality controls systems to control quality and standard work.
- Will also be comfortable in working and coordinating with the REE IT teams.
- Educated to Degree level or above in an Engineering/Technical discipline.
- Previous proven of plus 8 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experienced in futuristic manufacturing systems and machinery
- Knowledgeable of commissioning of PLC-based Controls Systems in Automotive Industry.
- Experienced with the architecture of the leading PLC brands and their hard- and software platforms.
- Follows an holistic approach and has a very well-developed understanding of quality, traceability, and test methodologies to global relevant automotive standards.
- Very well organised and able to manage responsibilities and be part of a X functional Team in this fast-evolving tech space even though the work environment will be unstructured and challenging.
- Hands-on experience in programming and installation
- Experienced at managing multiple contractors within exacting program timing schedules, including negotiations where necessary.
- Presentation and communication skills
- Being pivotal in the set-up and ramp-up of the assembly lines, so the ability to travel internationally in blocks of weeks maybe required from time to time