Senior Automotive Partnership Manager
About The Position
This position will provide cross-functional leadership, e.g. with R&D, Marketing, Sales, and Operations in helping to define the strategy, evolution and success of the partnerships & alliances model and manage the relationships between REE and other partners to achieve business objectives.
- Manage day to day activities within assigned region, overseeing Portal activity for commercially related items and update as needed.
- Drive business development/sales activities in designated region.
- Identify the appropriate decision makers in engineering, purchasing, fleet managers and/or C-level contact.
- Build and develop the necessary relationships with those key decision makers.
- Position REE as the chosen supplier.
- Carries end to end responsibility for the RFx (RFP,RFQ,RFI) processes.
- Coordinate the cross functional team in the quote process to produce accurate and achievable cost targets.
- Create and present customer proposals utilizing REE’s value add analysis for differentiation.
- Negotiation of proposals to win business.
- Coordinate with resources within REE to discuss specific customer requirements.
- Handle all commercial communications during the quote process including preparing the quotation, receiving a purchase order.
- Responsible for overall customer and business satisfaction.
- Be alert to customer trends and communicate that information with the scheduler, buyer, plant management, CCO, and Engineering Team.
- Develop a sales/bizdev plan for designated accounts.
- Prepare annual forecast and budget plans for designated accounts and track accuracy.
- Hold primary responsibility for designated customer relationships.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and manage key partner strategy for REE focusing on automotive key partners.
- Ensure REE marketing, engineering and sales team fully understand partners’ roadmap and technical directions. Align REE’s roadmap to integrate all essential features and proactively remove any blocking factor to launch REE’s product on time.
- Ensure decision making is informed by contract terms with partner, partner’s point of view, and any other factors that could affect alliance goals and value, as well as proactively identify and drive resolution of key partnership risks and issues.
- Lead cross-functional initiatives, alliance on-boarding and best practice training to improve REE’s partnership management capabilities and establish credibility, trust, and respect throughout REE and with those partners
- Identify partners that can contribute to the wider REE enablement (e.g. integration of partners into new services, early innovation projects etc.) and guide and manage the performance of partner companies to ensure joint success, including owning and driving new product introduction at partner companies.
- Create strong links to and collaborate with global Sales and Support teams, including regional Product Marketing Managers to drive image sensor revenue through improving visibility, greater customer intimacy and improved win-rates.
- Degree in engineering with an MBA preferred
- Significant demonstrated progressive and related experience in the automotive industry, typically requires a minimum of eight years of related experience managing partnerships
- Strong organizational and interpersonal collaboration skills with the ability to build and manage effective working relationships and influence at all levels, building trust and possessing a high level of integrity through the full-cycle of partnership development process, from the initial prospecting to subsequent project delivery.
- Enthusiasm and proactivity to schedule workload and plan tasks effectively with tactical and strategic thinking.
- Strong communication skills including verbal and writing with the ability to write compelling deal proposals by incorporating input from the engineers with critical thinking/problem solving/negotiation skills in ambiguous and fluid situations with a continuous improvement mindset
- Ability to operate on both strategic and tactical levels and to flex as needed in a fast paced environment
- High integrity with respect to maintenance of proprietary and confidential information
- Bachelor s degree in Engineering or Business Administration
- Minimum of 5 years experience in OEM and/or Tier I automotive technical sales.
- Proven experience in the automotive industry.
- Proven track record for growing new business.
- Ability to understand drawings and CAD files to allow for review with the customer.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries from the customer regarding a variety of issues.
- Must be able to represent the company in a professional manner at all times publicly at business related events.
- Language and proven intercultural skills to manage different environments incl. startup / scale up realities