Motor Controls Software Engineer
About The Position
REE is revolutionizing e-Mobility from the ground-up. Our disruptive REE-corners and fully flat, ultra-modular EV platforms are set to become the standard for electric vehicles. Providing complete design freedom to build mission specific EVs, EVs ‘Powered by REE’ will provide maximum room for passengers, cargo and batteries with the smallest footprint and help reduce carbon emissions for a greener world.
We are currently looking for a several passionate and experienced Motor Controls Software Engineers from mid level experience to Senior level to come support REE’s rapid growth. These positions will be hybrid, our offices are currently based in Nuneaton and we will be relocating to Coventry/Leamington Spa.
- Reporting to the Motion Control Manager
- Working as a part of the R&D team according to the project requirements
- Developing automotive grade embedded systems.
- Design for integration with automotive mechanical systems and work in a multidisciplinary environment
- Design under safety and quality standards
- Develop Simulink algorithms for code generation.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Degree in Electronics / Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Experience working in the automotive industry or equivalent
- Senior Level experience as a Electrical Motor Controls Engineer
- Proficient experience in designing actuation controls
- Experience with servo motors operation principle
- Real-time programming proficient experience
- Experienced in MATLAB/Simulink and C/C++ -professional
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly without guidance
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to work hard to meet demanding targets
- UK Citizenship or equivalent without any sponsorship requirements