Functional Safety Engineer
About The Position
REE is changing the electric mobility and aims at becoming the standard for EVs. REE’s disruptive corner technology enables a completely flat and modular chassis that supports all mission-specific EVs from class 1 to class 6. REE’s EV platforms provide maximum room for passengers, cargo and batteries with the smallest footprint.
REE is supported by an exclusive network of Tier 1 automotive partners providing access to 320 global production lines, effectively making REE the next generation EV platform ready to carry the future of e-mobility.
We are seeking an Automotive Functional Safety Engineer to guide the software and hardware teams to deliver the functional safety implementation, reporting to the VP of R&D.
Functional safety manager is responsible for guiding the software and hardware teams to deliver ISO26262 guidelines.
You will be responsible for conducting periodic reviews, status meetings, assess the project, and arrange any audit to ensure compliance to ISO 26262 functional guidelines.
- Provide guidance to SW & HW engineers on functional safety implementation on work products
- Conduct periodic reviews of ISO26262 implementations
- Arrange for any audits for functional safety compliance
- Guide the team on safety architecture for ISO26262 implementation
- Project manage the functional safety software and hardware implementations
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in electronics/ electronics related discipline
- Demonstrable experience in Automotive Industry
- Experience of implementation of functional safety within the automotive domain
- Experience of conducting Audit for ISO26262 compliance - MUST
- Automotive Software development experience in powertrain/EV/Hybrid domain
- Understanding of Model Based System Engineering and design
- Matlab/Simulink experience
- Certified safety manager
- Current working and residential permit to live and work in Germany
Office Location: Combination home office / remote working from REE's corporate Germany office