Global Communications Director
About The Position
REE Automotive (Nasdaq: REE) is automotive technology company and provider of electric vehicle platforms. REE’s disruptive corner technology enables a completely flat platform that supports purpose-built commercial EVs, from delivery vehicles to passenger shuttles. We have an ecosystem of tier one partners, and we’re ready to carry the future of e-mobility.
We are looking for an experienced, ambitious, and enthusiastic Global Communications Director to support REE’s rapid growth. You will support communications strategy across external channels, with responsibility for media relations and monitoring, REE’s thought leadership platform, speaking engagements and blog posts.
Ideally, you’ll have experience working with technology, automotive or financial media, writing external communications content, and supporting communications at a high-growth tech company or automotive/industrial company. You love dynamic, global teams and are inspired to drive forward a zero-emissions future.
· Take ownership of specific areas of external communications, providing both strategic direction and day-to-day execution, e.g. media relations, blog development, press release distribution, speaker presentations, and working with external agency partners
· Develop messaging decks, media briefing sheets, press releases, maintain media lists, develop media relationships, and secure media placements with targeted outlets
· Create external communications plans for major company moments like product launches, manufacturing moments, and customer announcements
· Own thought leadership platform to include blog posts and contributed content
· Keep a pulse on opportunities to amplify and share stories across various channels and outlets
· Contribute to owned content calendar and social media output, identifying themes and narratives to effectively tell REE’s story
· Establish media monitoring and reporting cadence, tracking measurement and success
· Work with digital and internal communications leads for integrated communications output
· BS/BA in Communications or PR-related field
· 6-10 years of experience in PR, social media or communications ideally in an automotive or startup environment
· Experience working with media in-house or at an agency
· Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment and under deadlines
· Highly organized, deadline-driven, and detail-oriented
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills
· Excellent time management and organizational skills