About The Position
REE Automotive (Nasdaq: REE) is changing the electric mobility and aims at becoming the standard for electric vehicles. REE’s disruptive corner technology enables a completely flat and modular chassis that supports mission-specific EVs from class 1 to class 6 for commercial vehicles and people movers.
We are currently looking for an experienced, ambitious, and enthusiastic Certification Engineer to support REE’s rapid growth.
This is an exciting opportunity to help develop future commercial vehicle technology in a dynamic and collaborative start-up environment. In this role you will be an integral part of the team that delivers innovative, safe, and compliant products to global markets. You will work cross-functionally to set requirements, guide applications, ensure robust quality, and deliver on-time certifications for all assigned programs.
· Support the activities and priorities of the Government & Regulatory team
· Define, document, and communicate certification and safety requirements for assigned programs and target markets
· Collaborate with the design and engineering teams to build understanding of certification requirements through application and interpretation
· Clearly and effectively document certification evidence for assigned programs
· Support interactions with domestic and international regulatory agencies, approval authorities, technical services, and industry associations
· Develop and lead certification and homologation test plans to deliver on-time certifications for global markets
· Monitor new global regulations and ensure team awareness and understanding
· 3-5 years of experience in US certification and/or product safety fields
· Experience managing multiple complex projects simultaneously
· Experience negotiating and collaborating with external and internal stakeholders
· Demonstrated communication and conflict resolution skills
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering or another related field
· Ability to clarify technical regulatory requirements for stakeholders at all levels
· Ability to travel to support certification testing as needed