Chassis Project Engineer
About The Position
Chassis Project Engineer
REE is changing electric mobility and aims at becoming the standard for EVs. REE’s disruptive corner technology enables a completely flat and modular chassis that supports all mission-specific EVs from class 1 to class 6. REE’s EV platforms provide maximum room for passengers, cargo and batteries with the smallest footprint.
REE is supported by an exclusive network of Tier 1 automotive partners providing access to 320 global production lines, effectively making REE the next generation EV platform ready to carry the future of e-mobility.
REE is seeking a Chassis Project Engineer to support REE’s rapid growth.
- Responsible for the delivery of the proprietary external supplier chassis components (wheels, tyres, bearings, springs, dampers, sensors) of the REE corner to meet program-specific targets including functional performance, quality, cost, and timing
- Manage external suppliers to design, develop and validate through to Engineering Sign-Off
- Develop commodity plans and drive progress to ensure on time component delivery
- Agree component targets with external suppliers that are compatible across all attributes such as durability, ride and cost of ownership.
- Review supplier DFMEAs and plan verification tests to meet the targets and document via DVPs
- Ensure the effective application of APQP to manage sub-system/component delivery
- Support pre-production builds (both virtual and physical)
- Responsible for technical interface to commodity suppliers, surrounding systems/aggregates owners including Packaging and Manufacturing
- Provide technical support for Purchasing team in Sourcing and RFQ activities
- Identify opportunities to reduce complexity, cost, and weight
- Degree in Automotive or Mechanical Engineering
- Have proven experience of developing and delivering components into production within an OEM or tier 1 organization
- Ability to build strong relationships with suppliers to enable effective component delivery
- Project planning, DFMEA, DVP, APQP and problem solving (eg. 8D) skills
- Ability to manage workload in a fast-paced environment with potential for changing priorities
- Good working knowledge of chassis components and their influence upon the overall performance of the vehicle
- Commercial vehicle experience is an advantage
- Working experience of Microsoft Office products including SharePoint, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Excellent communications skills and be a team player with the ability to work alongside talented colleagues as part of a driven and dedicated team
- Driving Licence and Vehicle
- UK or equivalent Citizenship. We do not provide sponsorships.