Vehicle Dynamics Test & Calibration Engineer
About The Position
REE is changing electric mobility and aims at becoming the standard for EVs. REE’s disruptive corner technology enables a completely flat and modular chassis that supports all mission-specific EVs from class 1 to class 6. REE’s EV platforms provide maximum room for passengers, cargo and batteries with the smallest footprint.
REE is supported by an exclusive network of Tier 1 automotive partners providing access to 320 global production lines, effectively making REE the next generation EV platform ready to carry the future of e-mobility.
As a Vehicle Dynamics Test & Calibration Engineer, you will be responsible for all vehicle testing and calibration activities for application SW development purpose. Perform detailed analysis of data and report all failures, bugs, and anomalies to the relevant teams. You will support project management with creating testing timing plans and provide realistic estimate of time to complete tasks.
- Take responsibility of testing & calibrating the Application SW components (ABS, TCS, Steering …) in the vehicle for development purpose
- Create testing plans and test cases to verify Vehicle performance and system requirements
- Manage the assigned tasks and reports failure, bugs, and anomalies to the relevant teams
- Close collaboration with the Control, Software, HIL & Simulation Teams to ensure that our system is designed and implemented as per requirements and perform as expected
- Manage All testing activities, tools, tracks booking for our team
- Perform analysis of data captured from the vehicle tests using vector tools
- Generate test reports and documentation
- Contribute to testing process improvement
- Assist with instrumentation and commissioning of test vehicle prior to application work
- Due to the nature of our projects, you should be able to work, travel and solve problems within tight deadlines
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electronics, Computer science, Automotive engineering, or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years working in the automotive OEM or tier 1 industry in a similar role
- Strong experience in vehicle dynamics testing at proving grounds
- Experience using CANape, AVLcreta tools
- Good knowledge of Matlab Simulink and Stateflow
- Good knowledge of CAN networking
- A full valid UK driver’s license is required
- ILR to live and work in the UK. Sadly, REE do not offer work permits, visas or sponsorships
- Office Location: Siskin Dr, Coventry CV3 4FX with occasional travel to Horiba Mira (Nuneaton)