Software Functional Safety Engineer
About The Position
REE is changing the electric mobility and aims at becoming the standard for EVs. REE’s disruptive corner technology enables a completely flat and modular chassis that supports all mission-specific EVs from class 1 to class 6. REE’s EV platforms provide maximum room for passengers, cargo and batteries with the smallest footprint.
REE is supported by an exclusive network of Tier 1 automotive partners providing access to 320 global production lines, effectively making REE the next generation EV platform ready to carry the future of e-mobility.
We are seeking a Software Functional Safety Engineer to guide the software team to deliver functional safety implementation.
This role is responsible for the implementation ISO26262 (pt.6) and its interpretation within REE’s EV platforms to satisfy ISO26262 guidelines.
- Conduct periodic reviews, status meetings, assess the project, and arrange any audit to ensure compliance to ISO 26262 functional guidelines
- Liaise closely with Programme, Functional Safety and software teams to make sure TSC SW related functional safety requirements are correctly refined into high level and low-level designs and tests
- Support REE’s EV platform related software testing teams to derive safety related test cases, document test report for software validation, software integration test and software unit test
- Analysis of the functional safety following software modifications, reported failures together with PFSM, and suggest safety solutions
- Degree in software Engineering, computer science or relevant subject
- At least 4 years of software development experience in the software requirement specification, architecture specification and software low level design specification and the relevant tests
- In-depth knowledge of ISO 26262, part 6
- Level 2 safety reviewer, responsible for monitoring and evaluating software implementation, carried out by software teams
- Ability to programme using (C/C++)
- Specific knowledge in software development for ASIL requirements
- Experience of software test specifications for PIL / HIL / SIL tests
- Experience in AUTOSAR software development for modelling and integration
- High analytical, strategic and conceptual competence
- Entrepreneurial thinking and acting
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in English language
- ILR to live and work in the UK. REE do not offer work permits, visas or sponsorships
Office Location: Combination home office / remote working and REE Corporate UK Office: CV10 0TU (within the Mira facility)