Test and Calibration Engineer
About The Position
REE is changing electric mobility and aims at becoming the standard for EVs. REE’s disruptive corner technology enables a completely flat and modular chassis that supports all mission-specific EVs from class 1 to class 6. REE’s EV platforms provide maximum room for passengers, cargo and batteries with the smallest footprint.
REE is supported by an exclusive network of Tier 1 automotive partners providing access to 320 global production lines, effectively making REE the next generation EV platform ready to carry the future of e-mobility.
As a Test and Calibration Engineer, you will be responsible for vehicle/component testing and calibration activities for application SW development purpose. Perform detailed analysis of data and report all failures, bugs, and anomalies to the relevant teams. You will support project management with creating testing timing plans and provide realistic estimate of time to complete tasks.
- Take responsibility of testing & calibrating the Application SW components in the vehicle or on rig (for example: inverters, sensors, thermal system components, etc.).
- Support maturation of SW functions during the development phase.
- Interrogate Matlab Simulink models.
- Vehicle and rig level diagnostics and problem solving.
- Manage the assigned tasks and reports failure, bugs, and anomalies to the relevant teams.
- Adjust calibratable parameters and perform tests to achieve optimum vehicle performance levels.
- Create test cases to verify Vehicle performance and system requirements.
- Perform analysis of data captured from the vehicle/rig tests using vector tools.
- Generate test reports and documentation.
- Contribute to testing process improvement.
- Assist with instrumentation and commissioning of test vehicle prior to application work.
- Due to the nature of our projects, you should be able to work, travel and solve problems within tight deadlines.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electronics, Computer science, Automotive engineering, or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years working in the automotive OEM or tier 1 industry in a similar role.
- Strong experience in electrified motion control and/or thermal system HW component testing and calibration.
- Good knowledge of CAN networking.
- Experience using at least one of: CANoe/ CANape tools.
- A full valid UK driver’s license is required.
- Knowledge of Matlab Simulink and Stateflow beneficial.
- Scripting experience beneficial (Python, CAPL).
- Knowledge of Vehicle dynamics beneficial.
- C1 driving license beneficial.
- Electric motor testing experience beneficial (Dyno, Electrical).
- ILR to live and work in the UK. Sadly, REE do not offer work permits, visas or sponsorships.
- Office Location: Siskin Dr, Coventry CV3 4FX with occasional travel to Horiba Mira (Nuneaton).
- Competitive salary
- Full private medical insurance for employees
- Virtual GP appointments available 24/7
- REE contribution pension scheme (>6%)
- 25 days holiday, plus statutory Bank Holidays
- Life assurance at 4x’s base salary
- Life, Money & wellbeing support
- Free on-site Gym
- Free on-site parking
When sourcing this role, REE does not wish to engage with any search firm. REE will not consider any CVs, profiles, or introductions sent to anyone at REE, including REE directly, from external sources, unless they are accompanied TOB’s, signed by REE.