Field Service Engineer - EV (East coast)
About The Position
REE Automotive (Nasdaq: REE) is an automotive technology company that allows companies to build electric vehicles of various shapes and sizes on their modular platforms. With complete design freedom, vehicles “Powered by REE” are equipped with the revolutionary REEcorner™, which packs critical vehicle components (steering, braking, suspension, powertrain, and control) into a single compact module positioned between the chassis and the wheel. With proprietary by-wire technology for drive, steer and brake control that eliminate the need for mechanic connections, all four identical REEcorner™ enable REE to build the industry’s flattest EV platforms with more room for passengers, cargo, and batteries. REE platforms are future proofed, autonomous capable, offer a low total cost of ownership, and drastically reduce the time to market for fleets looking to electrify. To learn more visit www.ree.auto.
The Field Service Engineer reports to the Senior Field Service Engineer and is part of the REE Aftersales and Service Operations organization. This person will support the East coast region.
· The Senior Field Service Engineer is responsible for ensuring Customer support, Field Evaluations and general problem solving for all REE products within North America.
· Provide advanced troubleshooting for customers in the field.
· Where an issue cannot be resolved (e.g., design / manufacturing / new technical issue / intermittent issue), this is reported back to the Product Engineering for total quality improvement, and ensure priority is given to a resolution.
· Provide feedback, reports, and analysis of field issues to product teams and service management.
· Assemble, install, test, troubleshoot, and fix mechanical and electrical systems as required.
· Flash, test, diagnose and troubleshoot software systems for the REE vehicle control systems as required.
· Assemble, install, wire, terminate, and test, both low and High Voltage electrical systems as required.
· Provide routine, scheduled, and on-call service,
· 5+ years of experience working within the automotive industry, covering vehicle repair, diagnosis, and customer handling. Previous electrical vehicle experiences essential.
· Automotive Technology or related degree is desirable.
· Automotive High Voltage safety trained, and ideally working at Authorized Person level for vehicle operation.
· Customer centric approach to service and support.
· Ability and willingness to align behavior with the needs, priorities, and goals of REE and act in ways that consistently presents a positive image.
· Strong Interpersonal skills ‐must be able to remain calm when dealing with conflicts and challenging situations and individuals, creating a cross-collaboration environment.
· Strong Communication skills, both with internal associates and external customers.
· Ability to develop technical service instructions.
· Self-motivated and able to function with minimal oversight.
· Must possess a valid driver's license and own transport.
· Ability to manage risk and escalate project issues when appropriate.
· This is a remote work position in the Eastern United States and requires ability to support both domestic and international travels.