Director of Regulatory Compliance
About The Position
REE is disrupting the electric mobility and aims at becoming the standard for the electric vehicle architecture.
We collaborate with leading automotive players and technology companies worldwide to facilitate the development, engineering and manufacturing of our technology and bring it to automotive-grade, mass-production.
The Program Management team is responsible for orchestrating all program activities, inbound and outbound, and creating a consolidated plan of the company’s customer projects. This involves daily synchronization between the different departments (R&D, Biz Dev, Operations, Legal, Finance, HR, etc.) as well as constructing long-term mutual goals.
Supporting our plan to roll-out vehicles powered by REE’s technology on public roads in 2023, we’re looking for an enthusiastic, ambitious, industry-veteran Director of Regulatory Compliance to lead, plan, guide and monitor the company’s homologation and regulation activities in the USA.
Reporting to the VP of Program Management.
- Manage and own the U.S. regulatory (homologation) program by planning, guiding, analyzing, recommending action, monitoring, and submitting corporate comments concerning U.S. legislation, regulations, and trends concerning motor vehicles
- Meet with U.S. regulatory bodies and government officials (federal and state level) to discuss REE’s unique technology and its safety concept, safety regulatory initiatives, vehicle compliance testing and respond to requests for information
- Interface with corporate legal and the engineering entities in the interpretation of current regulations and laws and their implications on safety related vehicle matters and vehicle design
- Serve as the company’s regulation and homologation representative for REE’s external interfaces
- Build the plan, outline the activities, and map the required resources for the different company departments to facilitate REE’s plans of homologating its technology
- Measure project performance with measurable KPIs to identify areas for improvement and provide ongoing status reports detailing deliveries, challenges, risks, and mitigation plans to REE’s management
- Research and interpret current U.S. Safety Regulations and Standards and future as they relate to REE’s unique technology and provide recommendations in written reports
- Analyze on new developments in safety system components and methodologies by means of written reports
- Pending travel restrictions, the role requires availability for domestic travel on short notice - up to 20% as well as for international travel of up to 5%
- Veteran of a certain federal or a state regulatory body related to the Automotive market (NHTSA, NTSB, USDoT, …) – a must
- Experience in Regulatory Program Management in an automotive SU – a must
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline in any
- company or market – a must
- Experience working at a new EV player and certifying according to FMVSS – highly desirable
- Experience with EPA regulatory compliance – highly desirable
- Experience and knowledge of ANSI, CARB, UL, FCC regulations – highly desirable
- Experience in negotiation and consultation with industry and regulatory groups
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- People-oriented, conflict resolving personality - ability to lead and decide without authority in a matrix work environment
- “Can do” approach
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Smart and challenging, be able to anticipate issues and solve problems creatively
- Relevant bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience (such as Business Management, Engineering, Public Policy)