Senior Quality Engineer
About The Position
REE is changing the electric mobility and aims at becoming the standard for EVs. REE’s disruptive corner technology enables a completely flat and modular chassis that supports all mission-specific EVs from class 1 to class 6. REE’s EV platforms provide maximum room for passengers, cargo and batteries with the smallest footprint.
REE is supported by an exclusive network of Tier 1 automotive partners providing access to 320 global production lines, effectively making REE the next generation EV platform ready to carry the future of e-mobility.
We are seeking a Senior Quality Engineer to compliment and drive our products forward.
The Senior Quality Engineer is responsible to ensure customer requirements are planned and implemented during the purchasing, inspection, and launching of products. The Senior Quality Engineer works closely with Program management, Operations, and Engineering to identify problems, investigate causes and recommend/implement solutions that improve product quality and production efficiency. The Senior Quality Engineer focuses on identifying trends that adversely affect the quality of products, driving timely and sustainable improvements through the effective application of problem-solving methodologies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Conduct problem identification and develop and implement resolution
· Identify and implement continuous improvement activities
· Design and implement methods for process control, testing and inspection
· Execute and analyze quality reporting measures
· Ensure supplied components and systems meet specified requirements
· QC /QA checking of populated PCBs and assembled products against specifications and customer requirements.
· Perform visual quality, dimensional (micrometer, calipers) and optical performance testing.
· Perform incoming PCB and electronic materials inspection to ensure compliance.
· Bachelors degree in Engineering
· ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949 experience required
· Certified auditor in ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949
· Demonstrated skill in analytical and quantitative approach to problem-solving
· Demonstrable relevant experience is needed
· Experienced in qualifying various gauges and measurement systems
· Strong background of successfully applying quality tools used in automotive industry (Electric Vehicle experience preferred)
· Capable of delivering quality training cross functionally and at all levels in the organization
· Six Sigma and Lean certification preferred
· Thorough understanding of APQP, FMEA’s, Control Plans, Flow Diagrams and In-Process Inspection
· Organization and time management skills are critical
· Able to operate with remote supervision
· Self-motivated and goal-oriented with a strong personal drive for success
· Demeanor required to work with the ambiguity of a startup organization
· Ability to work with and influence others
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Microsoft Office (all applications)
· Gauge calibration applications
· Minitab Statistical Analysis
Office: REE Engineering Center Coventry
Plant: Various types of manufacturing environments.
Travel: Limited with potential to travel within the United States as required (not often)
Candidates must have ILR to live and work in the UK. REE do not offer work permits, visas or sponsorships.