Head of Global Communications
About The Position
REE Automotive (Nasdaq: REE) is an automotive technology company that allows companies to build any size or shape of commercial electric vehicle on its modular platforms. With complete design freedom, vehicles Powered by REE are equipped with the revolutionary REEcorner, which packs critical vehicle components (steering, braking, suspension, powertrain and control) into a single compact module positioned between the chassis and the wheel, enabling REE to build low, fully-flat EV platforms with more room for passengers, cargo and batteries. REE platforms are future proofed, autonomous capable, offer a low TCO, and drastically reduce the time to market for fleets looking to electrify. The company is focused on bringing to market vehicles powered by its P7 chassis.
REE is seeking a Head of Global Communications to lead the communications function, including company narrative and messaging, media relations, thought leadership, financial communications, executive and internal communications. This is a pivotal position as REE achieves critical milestones on its fleet of test vehicles and prepares for commercial production in 2023.
Reporting to the CMO, you will work closely with the Head of Product Marketing to develop and execute overall communications strategies to elevate the reach and visibility of REE stories. In this role, in addition to helping with day-to-day communications activities, you lead and grow the communications team and work closely with the Digital Director to ensure the content and social media strategy are aligned with company messaging and support communications goals.
You’ll lead communications for quarterly earnings, expand internal communications and employee engagement across global sites, find opportunities for storytelling, and lead public relations and media relations efforts for product announcements, key milestones and trade shows and events.
The right person for this role is deadline-driven, an excellent communicator and a strong writer. This is an integral role in a public company with critical milestones ahead. You’re a strong leader and communications counselor, and you’re able to manage multiple programs at once, from strategic planning through tactical execution. We’re looking for someone who is creative and who is able to identify, cultivate and executive creative ideas and concepts. The ideal candidate will be a masterful storyteller with high judgement.
• Lead and execute complex reputational and media challenges, honing skills in crisis and corporate communications as REE grows from a startup to a global organization
• Lead communications for product launches and campaigns that drive sales and shape company narratives
• Build and maintain trust and strong relationships with journalists in automotive, tech & business industries as well as local reporters in nearly every major media market in North America and abroad
• Find opportunities to highlight our amazing team and lead internal communications strategy and execution
• Manage PR agencies
• Provide strategic communications to the executive team
• Provide counsel and input to REE’s social media strategy and presence
• Support content creation that drives REE’s story
- BS/BA in Communications or PR-related field
- 10 years of experience in PR/communications ideally in the automotive or EV sector
- Communications experience at a publicly-traded company (agency or in-house)
- Proven experience managing communications campaigns
- Experience leading teams
- Global mindset
- Relationships with top media in the U.S.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment and under deadlines
- Highly organized, deadline-driven, and detail-oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills