Lead Power Electronics Engineer - Driveline
About The Position
REE is changing the electric mobility and aims at becoming the standard for EVs.
We work with leading automotive players worldwide and technology companies to ensure the development, engineering and manufacturing.
We at REE currently have an exciting new position in our EV Engineering team. We are seeking and an experienced Senior Power Electronics Engineer – Driveline to support REE’s rapid growth. This role will directly report to the Electric Vehicle Driveline Principal Engineer.
- Responsible for the design, development and validation of Power Electronics within Driveline for REE-Corner units
- Define technical requirements and release the specifications.
- Conduct design reviews for Inverter ensuring requirements have been met for Technical Sign-Off.
- Create test cases and develop design validation plans for components and applications.
- Create Inverter DFMEAs and support Driveline System DFMEA.
- Support Quality Assurance activities (such as: APQP & PPAP)
- Collaborate closely with other disciplines, such as outside suppliers, functional safety & EMC consultants and control & calibration engineers, to develop solutions and achieve the project requirements.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Degree qualified in Mechatronics, Electronics and or Electrical Engineering or relevant qualification.
- Proficient and experienced within the automotive industry.
- Experienced in microcontroller-based Inverter projects (automotive qualification)
- Ability to review schematics, technical data sheets, design calculations(WCCA) for MOSFET, Bus bar, Gate Driver ,PCB and position sensors.
- Experienced in integration of Inverter Software
- Experienced with the automotive functional safety standard: ISO26262.
- Experienced in EMC testing and troubleshooting for the deviation.
- Experienced in environmental, packaging, interfaces, design for manufacture factors and electronic circuits.
- Understanding of high volume, high reliability of manufacture and assembly processes.
- Experience with analysis tools such as MathWorks’s, Matlab, Simulink, Vector CANape, Flux, Feko, CST, etc.
- ILR to live and work in the UK. Sadly, REE do not offer work permits, visas or sponsorships.
- Office Location: Siskin Dr, Coventry CV3 4FX with occasional travel to Horiba Mira (Nuneaton).
When sourcing this role, REE does not wish to engage with any search firm. REE will not consider any CVs, profiles, or introductions sent to anyone at REE, including REE directly, from external sources, unless they are accompanied TOB’s, signed by REE.