Mechanical Prototype Technician
About The Position
REE is revolutionizing e-Mobility from the ground-up. Our disruptive REE-corners and fully flat, ultra-modular EV platforms are set to become the standard for electric vehicles. Providing complete design freedom to build mission specific EVs, EVs ‘Powered by REE’ will provide maximum room for passengers, cargo and batteries with the smallest footprint and help reduce carbon emissions for a greener world.
We are currently looking for an experienced Mechanical Prototype Technician to support REE’s rapid growth.
The primary function of a Mechanical Prototype Technician is to support prototype builds through building components into assemblies, and mechanical final vehicle assembly activities.
Experience in low volume prototype vehicle builds.
Experience in many aspects of electric and mechanical vehicle build especially but not limited to:
- suspension components
- corner unit assemblies
- power hydraulics
- electric motors
- Braking systems
- Electrical harness installations
- Prototype interior trim
- Prototype body panels
Awareness of working around HV battery packs, and both low / high voltage vehicle systems and their interactions on prototype vehicle builds.
Ability to read, interpret, and question engineering drawings.
Ability to perform basic measurement and inspection tasks both at component and assembly level.
- HV Authorised Person (or equivalent) trained.
- Motor vehicle qualification to secondary level desirable.
- Proficient with a range of basic workshop equipment e.g. electric vehicle charge points, HVAC charging stations, tyre press and, wheel balancing machines etc.
- Awareness of test vehicle commissioning and shakedown processes / procedures.
- Awareness of basic test and verification instrumentation activities and components.
- Awareness of component and vehicle level DVP testing and data gathering desirable.
- Full UK driving licence ideally with ability to drive up to and including category C1-E desirable.
- UK passport or equivalent and willingness to travel occasionally as the business requires.
- ILR to live and work in the UK. REE do not offer work permits, visas or sponsorships
- Office Location: REE Engineering Centre, Coventry