Electrical Lead Prototype Technician
About The Position
REE is revolutionizing e-Mobility from the ground-up. Our disruptive REE-corners and fully flat, ultra-modular EV platforms are set to become the standard for electric vehicles. Providing complete design freedom to build mission specific EVs, EVs ‘Powered by REE’ will provide maximum room for passengers, cargo and batteries with the smallest footprint and help reduce carbon emissions for a greener world.
We are currently looking for an experienced Electrical Lead Prototype Technician to support REE’s rapid growth.
The primary function of the Electrical Lead Prototype Technician is to lead the electrical aspect of prototype builds; building electrical components into sub-assemblies both HV and LV, and also to lead electrical final assembly vehicle activities.
Extensive experience of both low and high voltage vehicle systems and their integration with prototype vehicle builds.
Proficient in many aspects of Electrical build especially but not limited to;
- LV harness building
- LV harnesses installation
- HV harnesses installation
- HV battery pack handling and installation
- Full HV systems build ups and installation (pack connections, inverters, motors, battery control modules, DC-DC / AC-DC converters, control modules)
- Fusebox build and population
HV Senior Authorised Person (or equivalent) desirable, HV Authorised Person (or equivalent) minimum.
Ability to create, read, interpret, and question electrical harness drawings and schematics.
Ability to perform in depth electrical fault finding and correction activities, on both HV and LV circuits along with providing containment and permanent corrective action summaries.
Knowledge of basic CAN diagnostics equipment desirable.
- Basic digital buck experience desirable.
- Familiarity with test vehicle commissioning and shakedown processes / procedures.
- Understanding of basic test and verification instrumentation activities and components.
- Understanding of component and vehicle level DVP testing and data gathering desirable.
- Comfortable giving direction and instructions for activities of other electrical technicians.
- Proficient with basic Microsoft packages e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Full UK driving licence ideally with ability to drive up to and including category C1-E desirable.
- UK passport or equivalent and willingness to travel occasionally as the business requires.
- Candidates must have ILR to live and work in the UK. REE do not offer work permits, visas or sponsorships.
- Location: Siskin Dr, Coventry CV3 4FX