Test and Development Project Engineer
About The Position
REE is changing electric mobility and aims at becoming the standard for EVs. REE’s disruptive corner technology enables a completely flat and modular chassis that supports all mission-specific EVs from class 1 to class 6. REE’s EV platforms provide maximum room for passengers, cargo and batteries with the smallest footprint
REE is supported by an exclusive network of Tier 1 automotive partners providing access to 320 global production lines, effectively making REE the next generation EV platform ready to carry the future of e-mobility.
The Test and Development Project Engineer, will support and lead engineers from system and component design specifications to developing plans to meet the final product sign-off requirements using virtual and physical verification and validation methods as well planning some of the vehicle testing.
- Lead the overall system and component DV planning and management, across all systems, to meet programme timing milestones to achieve ESO. Provide some vehicle level test planning to meet system team test requirements.
- Responsible for leading system and component engineers in defining tests, planning, managing test properties and facilities to meet programme timing & cost, in particular with focus on the electrical system.
- Lead system and component sign off events, data evaluation and analysis of the test results, initiating issues and supporting root cause analysis.
- Support collation of special parts for development vehicles, rigs and spares
- Develop appropriate metrics for reporting status and recovery plans for DVPs at programme gateway reviews
- Ensure the appropriate risk assessments are in place for laboratory based testing
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Degree qualified in Engineering, Science or related discipline.
- Significant automotive industry knowledge and experience in delivering verification & validation and test management within an OEM or tier 1 organisation.
- Practitioner level of experience in industry standard tools used for DV planning and management.
- Have good all-round engineering knowledge of EV systems, functional safety testing, DFMEAs, simulation tools, HIL test and development methods.
- Having experience of EV, by-wire systems and knowledge of Functional Safety testing would be desirable.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills and cross functional working practice
- A team player with the ability to work alongside talented colleagues as part of a driven and dedicated team
- Working experience of Microsoft Office products including SharePoint, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Project.
- ILR to live and work in the UK. REE do not offer work permits, visas or sponsorships
Office Location: Split between REE UK Engineering Centre (Coventry) and REE testing facility (Nuneaton, within the Mira facility)