Test & Development Prototype Technician
About The Position
REE is revolutionizing e-Mobility from the ground-up. Our disruptive REE-corners and fully flat, ultra-modular EV platforms are set to become the standard for electric vehicles. Providing complete design freedom to build mission specific EVs, EVs ‘Powered by REE’ will provide maximum room for passengers, cargo and batteries with the smallest footprint and help reduce carbon emissions for a greener world.
We are currently looking for an experienced Test & Development Prototype Technician to support REE’s rapid growth.
The primary function of the Test & Development Technician is to support the general running and maintenance of test vehicles, and also to support prototype DVP testing including preparation and testing of vehicles, bucks and rigs both in the UK and abroad.
General experience of mechanical prototype vehicle assembly covering:
· Mechanical driveline systems
· Suspension systems
· Braking systems
· Electrical systems
Previous working experience in prototype vehicle DVP test preparation, hot & cold test support, plus component testing and data gathering methods.
Previous experience in instrumentation setup and maintenance, ideally Vector components.
Awareness of working around HV battery packs, and both low / high voltage vehicle systems and their interactions on prototype vehicle builds.
Ability to read, interpret, and question engineering drawings.
Ability to perform basic measurement and inspection tasks both at component and assembly level.
· HV Authorised Person (or equivalent) trained.
· Motor vehicle qualification to secondary level desirable.
· Proficient with a range of basic workshop equipment e.g. electric vehicle charge points, HVAC charging stations, tyre press and, wheel balancing machines etc.
· Full UK driving licence ideally with ability to drive up to and including category C1-E desirable.
· UK passport or equivalent and willingness to travel occasionally as the business requires.