Technical Project Manager (SBW)
About The Position
REE is changing electric mobility and aims at becoming the standard for EVs. REE’s disruptive corner technology enables a completely flat and modular chassis that supports all mission-specific EVs from class 1 to class 6. REE’s EV platforms provide maximum room for passengers, cargo and batteries with the smallest footprint.
REE is supported by an exclusive network of Tier 1 automotive partners providing access to 320 global production lines, effectively making REE the next generation EV platform ready to carry the future of e-mobility.
REE is seeking a Steer-By-Wire Lead Engineer to support REE’s rapid growth and shape the future, initially on a 6 month contract (outside IR35) to support REE’s rapid evolution.
- Detailed engineering, development & delivery of the REE steer-by-wire systems to meet customer requirements (performance, quality, cost etc.)
- Oversee CAD teams for 2D/3D design & release and packaging activities, and release of steering system BOMs in 3DEXPERIENCE PLM
- Own the mechanical inputs & collaborate with the related teams (software, vehicle dynamics etc.) for creation of full steering system specifications
- Manage steer-by-wire system DFMEA
- Create product & system DVPs from clean sheet of paper
- Technical interface to the component/system suppliers and internal REE departments
- Support program management & planning to achieve release & delivery deadlines
- Identify technology opportunities for future research (i.e. patent registration, proof-of-concept projects)
- Mentor other members of the steering team
Qualifications & Requirements
- Degree qualified in Engineering, Science or a related discipline
- Experienced in development & delivery of steering systems from concept to production within an OEM, Tier 1 or other related automotive engineering organization
- Knowledge of the safety concepts essential to steer-by-wire systems an advantage
- Previous experience of commercial vehicle development desirable, but not essential
- High understanding of steering system attributes, service implications, and manufacturing & assembly requirements
- Familiar with 3D CAD packages
- Good understanding of steering system tuning and overall influence to vehicle dynamic behaviour
- Previous experience/training in Function Safety an advantage
- Experienced in project planning, and working to gateways
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with a wide remit of responsibilities
- Friendly and approachable, with a willingness to work alongside talented colleagues globally
- ILR to live and work in the UK. REE do not offer work permits, visas or sponsorships
Your Journey Begins Here: Join us at the REE Engineering Centre Of Excellence (CV3 4FX) and become an integral part of a team that's revolutionizing electric mobility. It's not just a job; it's a mission, to change the world a little bit!
When sourcing roles, REE does not wish to engage with any search firm. REE will not consider any CVs, profiles, or introductions sent to anyone at REE, including REE directly, from external sources, unless they are accompanied TOB’s, signed by REE.