Driveline Lead Engineer – Mechanical
About The Position
REE is changing the electric mobility and aims at becoming the standard for EVs.
We work with leading automotive players worldwide and technology companies to ensure the development, engineering and manufacturing.
REE currently have an exciting new position within the EV Engineering team. We are seeking and an experienced Driveline Lead Engineer – Mechanical to support REE’s rapid growth.
- Responsible for Design and Integration of EDU(Electric Drive Unit) Gearbox and Driveshaft for REECorner units.
- Develop Concept & Detailed Design of EDU Gearbox with the supplier
- Generate EDU DV & PV plan for Rig and Vehicle and manage the progress
- Lead Technical Sign-Off and manage deliverables with the supplier.
- Support Design Validation (supplier and vehicle test) and lead engineering sign-off.
- Develop System and Component DFMEAs for EDU
- Support Quality Assurance and Industrialization such as APQP & PPAP.
- Collaborate closely with other disciplines, such as outside suppliers, functional safety manager and control & calibration engineers, to develop solutions and achieve the project requirements.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Degree qualified in Mechanical/Automotive Engineering or relevant qualification.
- Proficient and Experienced as Lead Engineer for Development of EDU/Gearbox/Transmission/Rotating Parts within Automotive Industry.
- Experienced in Duty Cycles and RLD using Miner’s rule and cumulative damage models for rotating parts
- Knowledge of Gear Design(helical & planetary) and Optimization(macro & micro geometry)
- Knowledge of Bearing Life Analysis understanding of bearing types and basic parameters of its geometry.
- Experienced in system modelling of driveline or transmission systems in respect to bearings, shafts, gears and motor using system analysis tools such as Romax, MASTA, Kissoft/Gear or similar.
- Knowledge of mechanism and technology for different types of modern traction motors
- Experienced in NVH test & diagnosis and its correlation to the CAE analysis.
- Experienced in 3DExperience & CATIA V6.
- Preferred Qualifications : Knowledge of Inverter Software, ISO 26262 Functional Safety and ISO 21434 Cyber Security.
- Competitive salary
- Full private medical insurance for employees
- Virtual GP appointments available 24/7
- REE contribution pension scheme (>6%)
- 25 days holiday, plus statutory Bank Holidays
- Life assurance at 4x’s base salary
- Life, Money & wellbeing support
- Free on-site Gym
- Free on-site parking
When sourcing this role, REE does not wish to engage with any search firm. REE will not consider any CVs, profiles, or introductions sent to anyone at REE, including REE directly, from external sources, unless they are accompanied TOB’s, signed by REE.