Prototype Build Project Engineer
About The Position
REE is revolutionizing e-Mobility from the ground-up. Our disruptive REE-corners and fully flat, ultra-modular EV platforms are set to become the standard for electric vehicles. Providing complete design freedom to build mission specific EVs, EVs ‘Powered by REE’ will provide maximum room for passengers, cargo and batteries with the smallest footprint and help reduce carbon emissions for a greener world.
We are currently looking for an experienced Prototype Build Project Engineer to support REE’s rapid growth.
- The primary function of the Prototype Build Project Engineer is to be the main contact within the Prototype Operations team for engineering-lead prototype builds.
- The individual will work directly with the Prototype Build Operations Manager plus the wider organization with the set-up, planning and execution of prototype build activities covering; general build planning, jigs & fixtures concept design, prototype build process development, and also workshop tooling & equipment specification.
- The individual will also be expected to have a direct input into any pre-build activities such as package reviews and virtual builds, as well as taking an active lead in ensuring that during build the integrity of the properties are maintained and build processes are adequately controlled and traceable. Where necessary the individual shall also assist in developing any necessary Prototype Operations business processes.
- Previous experience in similar role highly desirable.
- Automotive or Motorsport Engineering qualification / Degree desirable.
- Previous active involvement with prototype build virtual builds and package reviews desirable.
- Experience of prototype build processes development.
- Previous experience in 3D concept design of simple jigs and fixtures using set hardpoints desirable.
- Demonstrable experience with prototype builds from a “hands-on” perspective.
- Direct experience of HV vehicle prototype builds essential.
- HV Authorized Person trained (or equivalent) essential.
- Involvement with the direction and management of third party design houses for bridging part design and supply.
- Experience with Catia V6 or 3D experience preferable (other CAD systems will be taken into consideration).
- Full UK driving license.
- Involvement with prototype Bill of Materials development.
- Knowledge of prototype test property DVP validation activities desirable.
- Familiarity with test vehicle commissioning and shakedown processes / procedures.
- Understanding of basic test and verification instrumentation activities and components.
- Proficient with basic Microsoft packages e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Candidates must have ILR to live and work in the UK. REE do not offer work permits, visas or sponsorships.
- Willingness to travel occasionally as the business requires.
Location: Engineering Center, CV10 0TU (based at the Horiba Mira facility)