Suspension Design Engineer
About The Position
REE is revolutionizing e-Mobility from the ground-up. Our disruptive REE-corners and fully flat, ultra-modular EV platforms are set to become the standard for electric vehicles. Providing complete design freedom to build mission specific EVs, EVs ‘Powered by REE’ will provide maximum room for passengers, cargo and batteries with the smallest footprint and help reduce carbon emissions for a greener world.
We are currently looking for an experienced Suspension Design Engineer to support REE’s rapid growth and push boundaries to develop new and exciting suspension technologies.
- Responsible for the design of the suspension components of the REE corner to meet the functional performance and package targets.
- Design, develop and validate using virtual CAD & CAE tools through to design freeze and drawing release.
- Ensure designs are robust for fit & function through appropriate interface design, kinematic package analysis and detailed tolerance studies.
- Collaborate with other component and package engineers to ensure compatibility of the suspension system with surrounding systems.
- Close liaison with commodity engineers for robust delivery, supplier for DFM and Manufacturing for DFA.
- Population and maintain the suspension systems BOM’s in PLM.
- Effective management of issues to robust closure and efficient delivery of engineering change requests.
- Concept studies for alternative layouts and configurations of the suspension.
- Studies to integrate new technologies into the suspension system.
- Support pre-production builds (both virtual and physical).
- Identify opportunities to reduce complexity, cost, and weight.
- Continual improvement of methods and processes to ensure efficiency and robustness.
- Degree in Automotive or Mechanical Engineering
- Have proven experience of designing suspension components within an OEM or tier 1 organisation.
- High level of experience in the application of GD&T to BS8888
- Extensive CAD knowledge using CATIA V5, or ideally V6, to model complex geometry. Ability to use FEA and kinematic tools within CATIA is preferred.
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing techniques including but not limited to casting, machining, welding and sheet metal.
- A good understanding of durability load cases and suspension loads paths.
- An understanding of CAE simulation for strength, durability and modal analysis.
- Commercial vehicle knowledge and an understanding of suspension characteristics is an advantage.
- Working experience of Microsoft Office products including Teams, SharePoint, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Ability to manage workload in a fast-paced environment with potential for changing priorities.
- Excellent communications skills and be a team player with the ability to work alongside talented colleagues as part of a driven and dedicated team.