About The Position
REE Automotive (Nasdaq: REE) is changing the electric mobility and aims at becoming the standard for EVs. REE’s disruptive corner technology enables a completely flat and modular chassis that supports all mission-specific EVs from class 1 to class 6. REE’s EV platforms brings the highest volumetric efficiency and is active in the spaces of commercial vehicles and people movers.
REE is supported by an exclusive network of Tier 1 automotive partners providing access to 320 global production lines, effectively making REE the next generation EV platform ready to carry the future of e-mobility.
We are currently looking for an experienced GL Accountant to support REE’s rapid growth.
The GL Accountant is responsible for ensuring accurate and timely financial reporting by contributing to accounting methods, policies, and principles of the month-end close process. This role will play an integral part of the Finance team which provides a high degree of financial transparency across the company and facilitates business decision coordination with all departments.
- Support & execute month-end close process
- Enforce proper accounting methods, policies, and principles
- Record & post journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Assist with quarterly and year-end financial audit activities
- Assess current practices and procedures, and make recommendations for improvements
- Assist external auditors with independent SOX 404 testing and coordination with process owners. Provide direct assistance, as needed
- Assist with special projects, as needed, but expected on a regular basis
- Provide new perspective to identify and propose opportunities for improvement across processes
- BA/BS in Accounting
- 3+ years of total general ledger accounting experience
- Experience in SAP is required
- Thorough knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Strong leadership skills with a dedication to driving and achieving results
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work effectively
- Ability to be adaptable to change, both big and small
- CPA is preferred