Director of Costing & Quoting
About The Position
REE is disrupting and revolutionizing the electric mobility industry and aims at becoming the standard for the future electric vehicle architecture. There has never been a more exciting time to be part of a technology company such as REE and no industry offers more fast-paced change and opportunity than today’s automotive industry. REE is at the epicenter of the electric mobility revolution that will completely change the world to a cleaner place.
We collaborate with worldwide, leading automotive players and technology companies to facilitate the development, engineering and assembly of our technology and bring it to automotive-grade, mass-production worthy products..
REE is seeking a Director of Costing & Quoting based in Austin, TX
- Responsibility of all customer pricing proposals.
- Ownership of all product costing within REE including BOM & investment.
- Determine the cost implications from a Bill of Material for business to be quoted in association with product engineering and supply chain
- Work with the operations team to determine the level of investment required for new or enhanced facilities needed to service incremental business from a customer
- Have good insight into key financial metrics in a business case model and know how different assumptions and factors impact these metrics
- Be able to independently prepare a business case model for business to be quoted
- Must have pricing modeling experience and be comfortable taking cost inputs, overhead allocations, and working cross functionally (sales, product engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, and regional finance) to prepare a business case model for business to be quoted
- Have excellent project management skills and be able to manage, request for pricing requests from customers, within their required turnaround times
- Will have the opportunity to build a team and support with organizational strategy
- This position will report directly to the CFO.
- B.A or a certification in engineering/ Economics/Finance/Accounting (MBA-advantage)
- Minimum of 7+ years of Finance experience
- 5 + years’ experience working in a medium to large size manufacturing companies, preferably with product in the automotive sector
- Experience using spreadsheets and complex estimating pricing models and cost management tools
- Demonstrable track record of adding significant value and optimizing costs
- Experience delivering results through cross-functional working teams
- High degree of knowledge and understanding of a variety of manufacturing/automotive processes and components and ability to evaluate and analyze associated costs
- Good knowledge and skills in using Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced global environment and with a variable workload
- Work with divisional, regional and corporate peers to drive continuous improvement of costs, profitability, processes, and systems, and ensure consistency of costing methods across the company