About The Position
REE Automotive (Nasdaq: REE) is changing the electric mobility and aims at becoming the standard for EVs. REE’s disruptive corner technology enables a completely flat and modular chassis that supports all mission-specific EVs from class 1 to class 6. REE’s EV platforms brings the highest volumetric efficiency and is active in the spaces of commercial vehicles and people movers.
REE is supported by an exclusive network of Tier 1 automotive partners providing access to 320 global production lines, effectively making REE the next generation EV platform ready to carry the future of e-mobility.
REE is seeking a Corporate Accountant to support REE’s rapid growth and development activities.
We are looking for a Corporate Accountant to deliver accurate, data-based information and provide sophisticated reporting. This role will play an integral part of the Finance team that directly helps secure the success of the company. The main focus of the team is to provide a high degree of financial transparency across the company and facilitate business decision coordination with all departments.
- Responsible for the preparation of general ledger entries as needed to ensure completeness and accuracy of the financial results in accordance with GAAP
- Ensuring deadlines for month-end close are met
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliation of asset and liability accounts for accuracy
- Monitoring of applicable SOX controls including contact with centers to ensure completeness and various other special projects.
- Assist in the completion of the US Payroll process
- Review transactions posted to the fixed asset account and related supporting documentation to confirm designation is accurate per US GAAP and accounting policies
- Assist with the fixed asset monthly GL close process, which requires running necessary programs, processes, and reports in a timely fashion.
- Prepare various journal entries and reconciliations on a monthly basis related to fixed assets, accruals, and prepaid expenses
- Ensure the requirements of each vendor contract are strictly adhered to (especially in terms of: invoicing, costs, payments, and budgets)
- Additional ad-hoc assignments and projects supporting departments across the organization including month-end financial reporting, longer-term Business Plan development, benchmarking and process analysis.
- Provide new perspective to identify and propose opportunities for improvement across processes and business functions
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- At least 3 years' relevant experience, with a minimum of 2 years within a global accounting team
- CPA or CPA candidate strongly desired
- Experience at an Automotive OEM or Tier 1 Supplier an advantage
- SAP Experience required
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with a high attention to detail, sound professional judgment showing logic-based decision making, and a hands-on approach
- Ability to manage multiple projects and assignments with a high degree of autonomy and accountability for results
- Demonstrated effective written, interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Established ability using Microsoft Office software with a particular high proficiency with Excel