Intellectual Property Counsel
About The Position
REE Automotive is a pioneering technology company reinventing e-mobility. REE has developed the next-generation EV platform ready to carry the future of e-mobility. Headquartered in Israel and with subsidiaries in the US and Germany, we work with leading automotive players worldwide and technology companies to ensure the development, engineering and manufacturing.
We are looking for an Intellectual Property Counsel to help protect company innovations and build a patent portfolio across various electric vehicle-related technologies.
Intellectual Property Qualifications & Experience:
- Provide strategic direction and advice in connection with the full range of intellectual property support required by the company.
- Understand the assigned businesses' intellectual property needs on both operating and strategic levels and provide direct legal support accordingly. Integrate IP legal support with the commercial legal support of the businesses.
- Specific responsibility for client projects across the following IP practice areas:
- IP Portfolio management, including strategic review and assessment of the company's IP assets, IP generation, defense, maintenance and enforcement globally and strategic approaches for patent prosecution.
- IP counseling, including Freedom to Operate opinions for new products and processes, invalidity opinions relating to third party patents, landscape and third party patent searching and analysis.
- Contracting, including joint development agreements, research and development agreements, cooperation agreements, and technology licensing agreements.
- IP and Commercial Transactions, including analysis and counseling with respect to IP related issues and agreements, as well as risk assessments and negotiations.
- IP Litigation, including risk-based evaluation and counseling, as well as development of strategy and oversight of outside counsel, performed in close coordination with litigation and commercial attorneys in the Department.
Required General Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience supporting technology development teams.
- Strong law firm training preferred.
- Professional knowledge of foreign patent practice.
- Strong transactions experience with an emphasis on technology licensing transactions.
- Experience providing legal advice in a fast-paced and innovative global business environment.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate others and collaborate with cross-functional teams, as well as the ability to manage multiple large-scale projects simultaneously,
- Strong oral and written communication skills with an ability to express complex legal matters in clear, concise, business-friendly language,
- Ability to efficiently resolve issues and recommend solutions that are legally sound and pragmatic in the context of business goals,
- International experience is a plus,
- Familiarity with automotive technology is a plus,