VP Business Development, North America
About The Position
REE Automotive (Nasdaq: REE) is changing the electric mobility and aims at becoming the standard for EVs. REE’s disruptive corner technology enables a completely flat and modular chassis that supports all mission-specific EVs from class 1 to class 6. REE’s EV platforms brings the highest volumetric efficiency and is active in the spaces of commercial vehicles and people movers.
REE is supported by an exclusive network of Tier 1 automotive partners providing access to 320 global production lines, effectively making REE the next generation EV platform ready to carry the future of e-mobility.
REE is seeking a VP Business Development, North America to support REE’s rapid growth and development activities.
If you are both hands-on and a true strategic thinker, with vast experience in a fast-paced environment with deep knowledge and experience in the automotive sector, we look forward to getting to know you!
- Create and lead business development strategies including ongoing network with business partners and customer
- Initiate, develop and foster business opportunities with new and existing customers within the automotive sector with fleet owners and operators
- Ensure closing of existing and new business activities with customers in a hands-on approach
- Administer new business, communicate and follow-through each stage to ensure the company is aligned with customer needs, deadlines are met, and agreements are fully implemented
- Lead cross-functional teams through the process from initial RFQ through full implementation and first deliveries to the customer/partner
- Lead the ongoing relationships with existing customers and business partners in the region
- Ensure ongoing reporting for current and prospective business
- Proven track record of generating revenue for the company closing deals
- At least 15+ years’ experience in a managerial role & 8+ years’ experience in the automotive industry.
- Deep understanding and knowledge of our ecosystem to include last & mid-mile delivery, commercial vehicles, ride-hailing, autonomous shuttles, fleet operators and fleet owners, OEMs
- Proven track record of growing new businesses in a start-up or fast-growing technology company
- Proven network of connections to seniors in the new mobility segment with a strong international business development track record
- Proactive and customer success driven
- Vast experience in drafting and negotiating agreements with automotive players
- Previous exposure within an international fast-paced and agile environment
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Ability to track and manage multiple customer programs from inception to implementation
- Strong leadership, interpersonal & influencing skills and with high levels of empathy
- Possess the ability to foster working relationships and establish trust across organizational lines both internally and externally
- Highly organized with an ability to balance multiple projects and escalations in a dynamic environment
- Willingness to travel (HQ to be established in Austin, TX)