Assistant Global Controller
About The Position
About The Position
REE is disrupting and revolutionizing the electric mobility industry and aims at becoming the standard for the future electric vehicle architecture. There has never been a more exciting time to be part of a technology company such as REE and no industry offers more fast-paced change and opportunity than today’s automotive industry. REE is at the epicenter of the electric mobility revolution that will completely change the world to a cleaner place.
We collaborate with worldwide, leading automotive players and technology companies to facilitate the development, engineering and assembly of our technology and bring it to automotive-grade, mass-production worthy products..
REE is seeking a Assistant Global Controller based at our new US headquarters in Austin, TX & relocation assistance will be provided if needed.
The Assistant Global Controller is responsible for ensuring accurate and timely financial reporting by enforcing proper accounting methods, policies, and principles and overseeing and managing the month-end close process. This role is critical to the success of our growing accounting function and the anticipating manufacturing growth within the US.
- Responsible for the US general ledger ensuring completeness and accuracy of the financial results in accordance with GAAP
- Oversee and manage deadlines for month-end close process
- Assist with preparation of external financial statements including earnings releases, Form 20-F, and Form 6-K
- Assist with management of US Payroll and Benefits
- Create and implement proper accounting methods, policies, and principles
- Assist with quarterly and year-end financial audit activities
- Participate in financial systems implementations (SAP, Workiva, etc.)
- Plan, implement and facilitate external auditors with independent SOX testing and coordination with process owners.
- Additional ad-hoc assignments and projects supporting departments across the organization including month-end financial reporting, longer-term Business Plan development, benchmarking and process analysis.
- Provide new perspective to identify and propose opportunities for improvement across processes and business functions
This an opportunity to be part of a global high growth organization and interact frequently with international finance teams This role will be very hands-on, with no direct subordinates at this time. This is a perfect for someone ready to take the next step in their career to interact frequently with the CFO and other executives tasked with forward-thinking strategies.