Head of Communications
About The Position
REE is disrupting and revolutionizing the electric mobility industry and aims at becoming the standard for the future electric vehicle architecture. There has never been a more exciting time to be part of a technology company such as REE and no industry offers more fast-paced change and opportunity than today’s automotive industry. REE is at the epicenter of the electric mobility revolution that will completely change the world to a cleaner place.
We collaborate with worldwide, leading automotive players and technology companies to facilitate the development, engineering and assembly of our technology and bring it to automotive-grade, mass-production worthy products..
REE is seeking a Head of Communications to bring experience, knowledge, and organization to manage our upcoming launch events and ongoing media drive experiences. Post launch, you will play a key role in growing relationships between REE and the media. In cooperation with Marketing. The ideal candidate will manage participation in other media-forward events and auto shows.
You will work closely with the Head of Product Marketing to develop and execute on overall communication strategies to elevate the reach and visibility of REE stories. In this role, in addition to helping with day to day comms. activities, you’ll oversee social media strategy including content creation and tactical execution; you’ll support internal communications by establishing & managing internal communications channels, oversee the planning and execution of internal events, and keep a pulse on everything that is happening in the organization.
The right person for this role is deadline-driven, an excellent communicator and a strong writer. This is an integral role in a fast-paced startup environment and you’ll need to be able to manage multiple programs at once, from strategic planning through tactical execution. We’re looking for someone who is creative and who is able to identify, cultivate and executive creative ideas and concepts. The ideal candidate will be a masterful storyteller with high judgement as well as have strong relationships with the media.
• Lead and execute complex reputation and media challenges, honing skills in crisis and corporate communication as REE grows from a startup to a global organization
• Lead product launches and campaigns that drive sales and shape company narratives.
• Build and maintain trust and strong relationships with journalists in automotive, tech & business industries as well as local reporters in nearly every major media market in North America and abroad.
• Be the spokesperson for REE across major publications
• Provide strategic communications to the entire executive team.
• Implement strategic policy initiatives & manage company social media presence
• Create content that drives REE’s story and promote content through traditional media and social channels.
• Will work closely with the media (CNBC/CNN/ YAHOO FINANCE/ FINACIAL TIME etc.).
- BS/BA in Communications or PR-related field
- 10+ years of experience in PR, social media or communications ideally in a automotive or startup environment
- Proven experience managing social media channels and campaigns
- Must have relations with Top media publication in the U.S.
- Ability to work across mediums, including slide creation, visual design, videos, etc.
- Experience planning and executing events
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment and under deadlines
- Highly organized, deadline-driven, and detail-oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Have a strong understanding of digital media.