Brakes Performance Engineer
About The Position
REE is changing the electric mobility and aims at becoming the standard for EVs.
We work with leading automotive players worldwide and technology companies to engineer, manufacture and deploy a cutting-edge solution for tomorrow’s vehicles.
Due to the dynamic concepts, we have opened a new office in the UK and are making additions to our teams with highly ambitious and skilled individuals.
We are looking for an experienced Brakes Performance Engineer to join the Engineering Team to support REE’s rapid growth. This position is reporting to the Mechatronics Principal Engineer.
- Responsible for delivery of all aspects of foundation brakes and actuation system performance testing and development to achieve engineering sign-off.
- Develop and execute Brakes system DV plans, both virtual and physical, to verify and validate component, system and vehicle performance targets
- Develop and document test standards and procedures for the complete brakes system.
- Agree and monitor supplier led DV & PV test plans ensuring delivery meets timing and quality standards
- Participate in design reviews and DFMEAs to capture all performance test requirements
- Document all sign-off performance and engineering sign-off tests
- Plan, prepare and support brakes system for successful homologation, certification and type approval where required.
- Lead resolution of brakes performance and test issues using best practice quality tools
- Working closely with suppliers to develop new automotive brake technology.
- Degree in Automotive or Mechanical Engineering
- Significant automotive industry knowledge and experience in delivering foundation brakes system performance testing within an OEM or tier 1 organisation.
- Practitioner level understanding of methods and tools used in brakes system testing including benchmarking, DVP&R, DFMEAs, problem solving and special development vehicle requirements.
- Proven brake system sizing, test, calibration, optimisation and tuning experience
- Strong knowledge of using braking system test, calibration and diagnostic equipment.
- Knowledge of attribute targets delivery in both virtual and physical vehicle development
- Strong knowledge in performing tests according to industry standards (e.g. ISO16750, ISO20653, etc.) including fault injection testing.
- Good knowledge of electronic, electrical and mechanical diagnostics.
- Desirable to have brake-by-wire, brake simulator tuning and EV knowledge and experience.
- Good knowledge of software tools used in brakes development and testing e.g. MATLAB/Simulink
- Good understanding of Health & Safety practices and vehicle risk assessment
- Excellent communication skills and cross functional working practice
- Managing efficient information flow between projects and responsible teams.