About The Position
REE is revolutionizing e-Mobility from the ground-up. Our disruptive REE-corners and fully flat, ultra-modular EV platforms are set to become the standard for electric vehicles. Providing complete design freedom to build mission specific EVs, EVs ‘Powered by REE’ will provide maximum room for passengers, cargo and batteries with the smallest footprint and help reduce carbon emissions for a greener world.
Due to the dynamic concepts, we have opened a new office in the UK and are making additions to our teams with highly ambitious and skilled individuals.
We are currently looking for an experienced Industrialisation Engineer to support REE’s rapid growth. This is a critical hands-on role developing an advanced digitally paired capable assembly and test facility module based to deliver tranches of 200,000 units per annum.
As part of the Manufacturing Engineering Team and working simultaneously with product development provide a qualified, capable, and robust assembly facility that can easily be deployed anywhere in the world with very short lead times.
- Reporting to the Process Engineering Manager
- Working closely with process and product engineering to define the steps and sequence to assemble the REEcorner and the REEplatform.
- Will be pivotal for the input from manufacturing process engineering on Design for Manufacturing (DFM) principles to achieve a manufacturing feasible facility.
- Including everything from Infrastructure, top Level Layout, Simulation, Line Balancing MTM studies, spaghetti diagrams to material flows around the process.
- Responsible to spec out all infrastructure equipment, that will support the assembly lines.
- Working with suppliers, contractors and internal resources to adapt potential brownfield sites to enable REE to tap into existing global facility capacity as the industry moves away from (ICE) Internal Combustion Engine manufacturing and assembly.
- Prove them out to ensure a capable layout process and subsequently simulate the concept in the virtual world to ensure the blueprint is ready to be launched in a high volume assembly environment
- Responsible all scope aspects of safety and ergonomics as well as LEAN principles, ensuring to use next generation techniques.
- Working with the Logistics department to ensure the line side feeding of components, the return of packaging, and flow of the assembled product to the shipping dock.
- Defining standard work to meet the quality and safety requirements of the facility.
- Cooperate with the Assembly Process Technology Engineer, along with quality to assist with creating the blueprint for assembly by developing an integrated, screen-based system to lead the operator through the assembly process and ensure the sequence and content of every assembly step is documented, forming part of the key parameters that will need.
- Set-up and testing of solutions in smaller scale / prototype level to a guiding role to oversee the input of internal functions and external such as suppliers and contractors for the concept definition, development and implementation of large-scale automotive grade production lines.
- Educated to Degree level or above in an Engineering/Technical discipline.
- Previous proven of plus 8 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experienced in futuristic manufacturing systems and machinery
- Experience in concept definition, design, development, implementation and commissioning of Assembly Facilities in the Automotive Industry.
- Knowledgeable in assembly of mechanical and electrical/electronic systems including the relevant in-line/end-of-line testing and data documentation.
- Experienced at managing multiple contractors within exact program timing schedules.
- Ability to work in an unstructured environment, be very well organised and able to lead and manage his responsibilities in x-functional work Teams in this fast-evolving tech space.
- Proven experience with leading design software platforms and systems for design & simulation starting with a single workstation up to the complete assembly line, including the entire plant/facility.
- Well-developed understanding of quality and test methodologies to global relevant automotive standards.
- Demonstrate first-hand knowledge in managing the task within given budgets, managing vendors and necessary consultant work packages within a given timing.
- Presentation and communication skills
- Willing and enthusiastic about travelling, as and when required in the support of program launches around the globe.