Assembly Process Technology Engineer
About The Position
REE is revolutionising e-Mobility from the ground-up. Our disruptive REE-corners and fully flat, ultra-modular EV platforms are set to become the standard for electric vehicles. Providing complete design freedom to build mission specific EVs, EVs ‘Powered by REE’ will provide maximum room for passengers, cargo and batteries with the smallest footprint and help reduce carbon emissions for a greener world.
Due to the dynamic concepts, we have opened a new office in the UK and are making additions to our teams with highly ambitious and skilled individuals.
We are currently looking for an experienced Assembly Process Technology Engineer to support REE’s rapid growth. This is a critical hands-on role developing an advanced digitally paired capable assembly and test facility module based to deliver tranches of 200,000 units per annum.
As part of the Manufacturing Engineering Team and working simultaneously with product development provide a qualified, capable, and robust assembly facility that can easily be deployed anywhere in the world with very short lead times.
- Reporting to the Process Engineering Manager
- Work closely with process and product engineering to define the steps and sequence to assemble the REEcorner and the REEplatform.
- Will be pivotal for the input from manufacturing process engineering on Design for Manufacturing (DFM) principles to achieve a manufacturing feasible product.
- Responsible for choosing the equipment, tooling, fixtures, handling devices etc. for the discrete workstations and test units on the assembly lines.
- Working with suppliers, contractors and internal resources to adapt the workstations to requirements, prove them out to ensure a capable process and subsequently link them together for high volume assembly.
- The scope will include all aspects of safety and ergonomics as well as LEAN principles, including next generation technologies.
- Working with the Logistics department to ensure the line side feeding of components, the return of packaging, and flow of the assembled product to the holding area.
- Defining the standard work to meet the quality and safety requirements of the assembly process.
- Cooperate with the Quality department and the Automation Engineer in the development of an integrated build system with screens to lead the operator through the assembly process and ensure the sequence and content of every assembly step with documented key parameters for every step.
- Set-up and testing of solutions in smaller scale / prototype level including the assembly parts to oversee the input of internal functions and external such as suppliers and contractors for the concept definition, development and implementation of large-scale automotive grade production lines.
- Working and definition provided by the process and the product engineering teams
- First point of contact for any potential changes in relation to DFM. Design for Manufacture.
- Educated to Degree level or above in an Engineering/Technical discipline.
- Experienced Engineer with more than 8 years plus in a similar role
- Experience in the manufacturing assembly process systems, tools and layouts
- Experienced in setting up the Assembly systems processes and layouts
- Previous proven experience in the assembly of mechanical and electrical/electronic systems including the relevant in-line/end-of-line testing and data documentation.
- Experienced at managing multiple contractors within exact program timing schedules.
- Highly self-motivated and organised
- Highly knowledgeable in DC Tools such as Desoutter
- Proven experienced in leading and managing his responsibilities in x-functional work teams in this fast-evolving tech space.
- Familiar with leading design software platforms and systems for design & simulation starting with a single workstation up to the complete assembly lines.
- Very well-developed understanding of quality and test methodologies to global relevant automotive standards.
- The applicant will be able to demonstrate first-hand knowledge in managing the task within given budgets, managing vendors and necessary consultant work packages within a given timeframe.
- Presentation and communication skills
- Willing and enthusiastic about travelling as and when required in the support of program launches across the globe.