Director of Costing & Quoting
About The Position
REE is changing the electric mobility and aims at becoming the standard for EVs. REE’s disruptive corner technology enables a completely flat and modular chassis that supports all mission-specific EVs from class 1 to class 6. REE’s EV platforms provide maximum room for passengers, cargo and batteries with the smallest footprint.
REE is supported by an exclusive network of Tier 1 automotive partners providing access to 320 global production lines, effectively making REE the next generation EV platform ready to carry the future of e-mobility.
REE is seeking a Director of Costing & Quoting to support REE’s rapid growth.
- Responsible for all customer pricing proposals.
- Ownership of all product costing within REE including bill of materials & investment.
- Determine the cost implications from a Bill of Material for business to be quoted in association with product engineering and supply chain
- Work with the operations team to determine the level of investment required for new or enhanced facilities needed to service incremental business from a customer
- Have good insight into key financial metrics in a business case model and know how different assumptions and factors impact these metrics
- Be able to independently prepare a business case model for business to be quoted
- Must have pricing modelling experience and be comfortable taking cost inputs, overhead allocations, and working cross functionally (sales, product engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, and regional finance) to prepare a business case model for business to be quoted
- Have excellent project management skills and be able to manage request for pricing & requests from customers within their required turnaround times
- Will have the opportunity to build a team and support with organizational strategy
- This position will report directly to the CFO.
- B.A or a certification in engineering/ Economics/Finance/Accounting (MBA-advantage)
- Minimum of 7+ years of Finance experience
- 5 + years’ experience working in a medium to large size manufacturing companies, preferably with product in the automotive sector
- Experience using spreadsheets and complex estimating pricing models and cost management tools
- Demonstrable track record of adding significant value and optimizing costs
- Experience delivering results through cross-functional working teams
- High degree of knowledge and understanding of a variety of manufacturing/automotive processes and components and ability to evaluate and analyze associated costs
- Good knowledge and skills in using Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced global environment and with a variable workload
- Work with divisional, regional and corporate peers to drive continuous improvement of costs, profitability, processes and system, and ensure consistency of costing methods across the company
Office Location: Combination home office / remote working and REE Corporate UK Office: CV10 0TU (within the Mira facility)