Validation & Verification Manager
About The Position
REE is redefining how mobility is designed, from the wheel up. If you have a passion for electric vehicle, big-data, analytics and machine learning – Your place might be with us!
We are looking for a Validation & Verification Manager, to join our growing team.
The Validation & Verification Manager reports to the VP Engineering and is part of the REE CTO organization
- The Validation & Verification Manager is responsible for the planning and execution of all testing to be applied to components, sub-systems, systems and vehicles engineered with REE Corner and Control units
- Build the V&V team and its processes
- Build an understanding of product functionalities and approval testing methodologies.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the relevant regulatory requirements and apply this knowledge to ensure product compliance.
- Lead Design Validation and Production Validation testing
- Provide functional information for tollgates in a matrix organization environment
- Define tests and apply test success criteria to assigned projects to ultimately issue product approval according to the V-model process.
- Team with design and lab operations functions to develop or evolve V&V methods.
- Participate in product safety audits including the use of the product hazard matrix.
- Leverage the use of cross-product or cross-regional lab operations to complete test programs.
- Support PMO on project scoping with an estimation of laboratory resource requirements.
- Apply Model-Based System Engineering (MBSE), design for safety, design for reliability, and robust design concepts to daily V&V work at all stages of the approval process.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering; Masters preferred
- 10+ years of experience with testing or compliance engineering in automotive.
- Automotive product development - an advantage.
- Strong communication skills to work in a global team.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in a matrix environment.
- Experience developing, executing, and working with automotive test programs.
- Use of critical thought to interpret test results and implement lean engineering improvements.
- Project Management knowledge desirable.
- Manufacturing processes knowledge desirable.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Self-motivated and able to function with minimal oversight.
- Ability to manage risk and escalate project issues when appropriate.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.