Electronics Compliance Engineer
About The Position
REE is revolutionizing e-Mobility from the ground-up. Our disruptive REE-corners and fully flat, ultra-modular EV platforms are set to become the standard for electric vehicles. Providing complete design freedom to build mission specific EVs, EVs ‘Powered by REE’ will provide maximum room for passengers, cargo and batteries with the smallest footprint and help reduce carbon emissions for a greener world.
We are currently looking for an experienced Electronics Compliance Engineer to support REE’s rapid growth. The position will be based in the UK to support the team in the electronic system and ECU level, and to help the Israel team in designing ECU electronics.
- Creating product technical files with information relating to compliance
- Undertaking the testing of products with the use of in-house equipment such as integrating sphere, spectroradiometer and EMC equipment
- Arranging external testing for a range of parameters such as IP testing and photobiological safety
- Liaising with external certification bodies such as UL to process new products through approval
- Investigating upcoming standards changes and new applicable standard
- Integrating, test and support all REE electronic products.
- Review the design of electronic products for compliance issues.
- Working with products across the product lifecycle: from the earliest standalone prototype systems to mature products that are in widespread operation with our customers
- Leading the Regulatory Compliance functions and processes.
- Managing the standard compliance aspects of a production build.
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, often involving 3rd party compliance testing.
- Reviewing the product safety factors associated with our products and build projects.
- Producing and presenting customer deliverable compliance documentation and reports.
- Proactively identifying and recommending opportunities for process improvement and the working environment.
- Understanding the functionality of electronic products.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Degree in Electronics Engineering or equivalent
- 5 years plus experience in a similar role
- Experience within the automotive industry standards and regulations
- Experience in the following regulations and standards:
- ISO7637 - Road vehicles -- Electrical disturbances from conduction and coupling
- ISO 21780 - Road vehicles — Supply voltage of 48 V
- ISO 16750 - Road vehicles—Environmental conditions and electrical testing
- ISO 11451, ISO 11452
- UN regulation No.10 and No.100
- CISPR 25:2004
- LV 124 E-xx, VDA 320 E48-xx, LV 124 K-xx, M-xx and C-xx
- Familiarity with electronic components and their in-circuit functionality.
- Working in a live production and/or support environment, delivering against tight timescales and being adaptable to changing requirements.
- Operation of advanced electronic test equipment (oscilloscopes, spectrum analysers, network analysers, function generators, etc.).
- Fundamental principles of software development.
- Awareness of legislative compliance (e.g., CE marking).
- Use oral, written, and electronic methods for the effective communication of technical information.
- Stakeholder management.
- Driving License and car
- Happy to travel global
- Happy to work under a hybrid working condition
- UK Citizenship without any requirements