Senior Quality & EHS Site Leader
About The Position
The Quality and EHS Leader supports our UK Engineering Center team in driving Quality and EHS, providing direction, focus, and support for key initiatives. The Quality and EHS Leader works closely with operations personnel while playing an important role in ensuring site safety, product compliance, quality output, and customer satisfaction.
A primary focus for the Quality and EHS Leader is process compliance and improvement. This person will review processes and procedures, identifying opportunities for improvement, and implement changes to make the organization more effective and efficient.
A second focus area is regulatory compliance, including Safety Data Sheets, product labels, transportation classifications, Regional and National standards, and overall site safety.
Additionally, this person will lead ISO 9001:2015 audits and management reviews for the UK EC.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Overall product quality, from raw materials to WIP to finished goods (including but not limited to root cause investigations, timely corrective actions).
· Oversee QC testing efforts.
· Lead local ISO semi-annual audits.
· Create content for and lead quarterly management review meetings.
· Manage internal Material Review Board, tracking expired and non-conforming product and actions needed.
· Manage site calibration program.
· Overall site safety (including but not limited to facility safety initiatives, REGIONAL AND NATIONAL, trainings).
· Regulatory compliance (including but not limited to SDS, product label hazard classifications, transportation classifications, international regulation, EHS audits).
· Work closely with authorities on local safety and environmental compliance.
· Manage and develop the Quality and EHS team. Establish individual and team goals. Support team members in achieving those goals.
· Cross-functional leadership. Collaborate with colleagues in other departments on non-conformances, corrective actions, and process improvements.
· Additional job activities as may be required by the department.
· Ensures data and record management in accordance with the QMS
· Assists in developing training material and/or delivers training related to audits and inspections
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5-7 years of work experience in QC/QA
- EHS experience with regulation and hazard classifications.
- MINITAB statistical analysis software
- ISO 9001-2015 and IATF-16949 Auditor Certification
- VDA Auditor Certification
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Self-starter with initiative and follow through.
- Demonstrated peer leadership.
- Experience with data analysis and reporting.
- Results driven. Desire to show improvement and impact
- Team player willing to do what it takes to get the job done and pitch in where needed.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others. This person will partner with many departments and functional areas and will need to develop effective relationships.
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of an organization. Clear communication and follow through are important for success.
- Computer-literate and strong organization skills.