Vehicle Integration Lead Engineer
About The Position
REE is changing the electric mobility and aims at becoming the standard for EVs.
We work with leading automotive players worldwide and technology companies to ensure the development, engineering and manufacturing.
We are currently looking for an experienced Vehicle Integration Lead Engineer to support REE’s rapid growth.
The Vehicle Integration Lead Engineer; is a technical expert, leading engineers from design specifications and requirements to meeting final product and market standards through verification and validation using both virtual & physical test methods.
- Lead and own the development of whole vehicle test plans to meet both functional and attribute test specification and requirements
- Responsible for leading system engineers in defining tests, planning, managing test properties and facilities to meet programme timing & cost
- Lead vehicle sign off events, data evaluation and analysis of the test work, initiating issues and supporting resolution for root cause analysis.
- Plan, prepare and submit vehicles for successful global homologation, certification and type approval.
- Ensure prototype build phase timing, vehicle quantities and specification support the requirements for vehicle level testing, development to meet ESO.
- Lead vehicle attribute benchmarking, characterisation and target setting using a variety of subjective and objective methods
- Ensure the appropriate risk assessments are in place for both the test property and users.
- Degree qualified in Engineering, Science or related discipline.
- Excellent communication skills and cross functional working practice
- Significant automotive industry knowledge and experience in delivering verification & validation, vehicle fleet and test management within an OEM or tier 1 organisation.
- Practitioner level understanding of methods and tools used in vehicle validation including benchmarking, DVP&R, DFMEAs, problem solving and special development vehicle requirements.
- Knowledge of attribute targets delivery in both virtual and physical vehicle development
- Knowledge of processes and typical toolsets such as issue capture and resolution, requirements, test case management and reporting systems such as Polarion, RMDV2, and design tools including Catia V6.
- Have a good all-round engineering knowledge, i.e., material selection, tolerancing, FEA, component manufacturing processes, quality control, etc.
- Working experience of Microsoft Office products including SharePoint, Excel, Word, and Project.
- Be a team player with the ability to work alongside talented colleagues as part of a driven and dedicated team