Build Workshop Operations Manager
About The Position
REE is changing the electric mobility and aims at becoming the standard for EVs.
We work with leading automotive players worldwide and technology companies to ensure the development, engineering and manufacturing.
We are currently looking for an experienced Prototype Build/ Workshop Operations Manager to support REE’s rapid growth.
The Pilot Operations Manager will be responsible for leading a team to deliver all future pre-production builds. Initially the role will encompass facilitation of a workshop facility to deliver prototype assemblies. This role requires a proven automotive background, with demonstrable pre-production build experience, an excellent working knowledge of automotive prototyping techniques, and hold a broad understanding of industry engineering processes through to production.
- Delivery of all pre-production entities through prototype phases. Including Logistics, Sub-Assembly, Assembly, Commissioning, Shakedown and EOL.
- Implementation of an agile workforce to deliver all future pre-production build phases
- Supporting the detailed definition of all equipment required at a pre-production build phase
- Day to day management of workshop facility.
- Best practice processes implementation
- Lead H&S policy within the workshop environment, ensuring maintenance of guidelines
- Minimum of 10 years' experience of working in a complex engineering environment
- Ability to communicate appropriate, concise and accurate information, both in writing and verbally
- Be able to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of project teams
- Previous experience interacting with complex supply-chain on tight time scales
- Previous experience of whole vehicle prototype builds
- Some knowledge of automotive design, vehicle systems and technology and be familiar with key areas of chassis, electrical and EV powertrain
- Managing workload in a fast-paced environment with potential for changing priorities.
- Working experience of Microsoft Office products including SharePoint, Excel and Word
- Be a team player with the ability to work alongside talented colleagues as part of a driven and dedicated team