Senior Motor Control & Calibration Engineer
About The Position
REE is changing the electric mobility and aims at becoming the standard for EVs.
We work with leading automotive players worldwide and technology companies to engineer, manufacture and deploy a cutting-edge solution for tomorrow’s vehicles.
Due to the dynamic concepts, we have opened a new office in the UK and are making additions to our teams with highly ambitious and skilled individuals.
WE at REE currently have an exciting new position in our EV Engineering team. We are seeking an experienced Senior Motor Control & Calibration Engineer to support REE’s rapid growth.
- Responsible for developing Motor Control Algorithms for EDU (Electric Drive Unit) that includes high voltage power electronics, traction motor and gearbox for REECorner units.
- Develop Motor characterization and evaluate Motor Performance.
- Develop Calibration Procedure for EDU to meet attribute targets and Optimisation of Motor Control Software.
- Create Requirements Package for EDU Control & Calibration.
- Support implementation of ISO 26262 Functional Safety for EDU to meet Target Safety Maturity required by programme gateways and validation of test cases released by FuSa.
- Set up Test RIG(SIL/HIL/VIL) and evaluate Motor Control Algorithms and calibrate Motor Performance in the rig.
- Support debugging of EDU Software issues in the test rigs and vehicles.
- Must be able to travel abroad to support cold and hot environment test trips.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Degree qualified in Electrical/Mechanical/Automotive Engineering or relevant qualification.
- Expert on Motor Control for permanent magnet motors, switched reluctance motors and induction motors.
- 5+ years EV or equivalent professional experience
- Knowledge of AC electric machine drive and three-phase switching power converter topologies
- Knowledge of calibration processes using calibration management tools like Vector CDM or AVL Creta.
- Experience in data acquisition and analysis with Vector CANalyzer/CANape or equivalent.
- Experience in building vehicle or EDU system model to perform pre-calibrations before vehicle testing using Matlab/Simulink or equivalent CAE tool.
- Knowledge ISO 26262 functional safety concept and software development process.
- Knowledge of ASPICE software requirement development.
- Experience in developing digital control algorithms for 3-phase switching inverters and AC electric machines