About The Position
REE Automotive is a pioneering technology company reinventing e-mobility. REE has developed the next-generation EV platform ready to carry the future of e-mobility. Headquartered in Israel and with subsidiaries in the US and Germany, we work with leading automotive players worldwide and technology companies to ensure the development, engineering and manufacturing.
We're looking for a Motors SME to lead the selection, design and development process of electric motors for the REE corner concept.
- Identification of suitable motor technology and topology to suit the specific application requirements.
- Lead the optimization of motor configuration and control strategy
- Liaison with motor suppliers/manufacturing houses.
- Generation, execution, analysis and reporting of motor system validation test plans.
- Contribution to project planning, resource requirements, progress reporting.
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline with several years’ experience testing electronic motor systems used in vehicle drive and component actuation systems
- In-depth knowledge of motors and motor drive systems, including predictive simulations.
- Experience of productionising new motor designs and relevant electrical qualification testing.
- Familiarity with embedded motor control.
- Familiar with product DVP&R techniques.
- Self motivated and able to work without direct supervision.
- Flexibility in accepting varying work tasks in a broad ranging role
- Excellent communication skills, particularly reporting