Prototype (Electrical) Technician
About The Position
REE is revolutionizing e-Mobility from the ground-up. Our disruptive REE-corners and fully flat, ultra-modular EV platforms are set to become the standard for electric vehicles. Providing complete design freedom to build mission specific EVs, EVs ‘Powered by REE’ will provide maximum room for passengers, cargo and batteries with the smallest footprint and help reduce carbon emissions for a greener world.
We are currently looking for an experienced Electrical Prototype Technician to support REE’s rapid growth.
The primary function of the Electrical Prototype Technician is to support the electrical aspect of prototype builds; building electrical components into sub-assemblies both HV and LV, and also supporting electrical final assembly vehicle activities.
Qualifications & Requirements: Essential Experience:
Experience in many aspects of Electrical build especially but not limited to;
- Experience of both low and high voltage vehicle systems and prototype vehicle builds.
- LV harness building
- LV harnesses installation
- HV harnesses installation
- HV battery pack handling and installation
- Full HV systems build ups and installation (pack connections, inverters, motors, battery control modules, DC-DC / AC-DC converters, control modules)
- Fusebox build and population
- HV Authorised Person (or equivalent) minimum.
- Ability to create, read, interpret, and question electrical harness drawings and schematics.
- Ability to support electrical fault finding and correction activities, on both HV and LV circuits.
- HV Senior Authorised Person (or equivalent) desirable.
- Knowledge of basic CAN diagnostics equipment desirable.
- Awareness of test vehicle commissioning and shakedown processes / procedures.
- Awareness of basic test and verification instrumentation activities and components.
- Awareness of component and vehicle level DVP testing and data gathering desirable.
- Full UK driving licence ideally with ability to drive up to and including category C1-E desirable.
- UK passport or equivalent and willingness to travel occasionally as the business requires.